other period in American history? If so, in what ways is it better? If not, what ways is it worse?
1) We live a life of luxury compared to the past
2) We work less than we used to
3) We can, if desired, require others to support us
4) The world has shrunk, with cheap, easy travel.
5) Religious stranglehold is slowly being cut back
6) Because of (2) there is "Time enough for love" if we so desire.
1) Stress levels are up
2) We are losing the sense of responsibility and duty
3) An increasing sense of "Live as I tell you to, not as you wish"
4) Increasing population densities
5) The political system is failing
6) Personal integrity and honesty is dropping
In many ways it's better, but it will continue to change, for better or worse.
1. I can't imagine a world without anesthesia.
2. I would detest a world with no flushing toilets -- ad the toilets must be tall like a chair so I can sit comfortably with a pile of magazines on hand if need be.
3. We have medications for migraine headaches. Some ancient war drawings depicted a guy with someone puncturing his brain with a hammer and nail. Old migraine "cure" probably.
5. We have vaccinations that prevent a lot of illnesses.
6. We have lots of movies.
7. I can't imagine a world without books and feel sad that books as we know them are now being relegated to home decor or works of art, on display because you've got your kindle.
8. we enjoy many freedoms and enjoy the freedom that we have it. We have a free press.
9. We have wonderful music.
10. We have freedom of faith.
We are increasing in intelligence and awareness. We are increasing in knowledge about ourselves and our world. We have access to immediate information about anything what-so-ever.
We can only increase in awareness.
We can, we will and we are... and it is fantastic!
On the other hand, we will learn from the school of hard knocks if we do not acknowledge and heed the laws of nature. We could use our scientific knowledge for selfish, greedy, indulgent ends such as genetic engineering, robotics, chip implantation into humans, etc.
The possibility of a one world government could take hold due to technological advancements as well.
We might increase in scientific knowledge and decrease in common sense and harmony though a diminishing sense of true spirituality.
Some things are better. Health care, hygiene, sanitation.
But much of this is sustained by abusing our Earth and it's natural resources, and cannot be sustained much longer as is.
by Curtis 4 years ago
With the ever increasing overwhelming amount of Scientific knowledge that we humans now possess, I personally think it's only a matter of time before Religion is almost completley gone, forgotten if you will. What do I mean by completely gone? I'm talking about most of the worlds population not...
by pisean282311 8 years ago
would world without religion but with moral teaching without using religion be better place to live or do you think it would be worst ?..
by Elizabeth 5 years ago
What do you think a world without religion would look like? Would it be better or worse? How?
by Austin Dawursk 6 years ago
I want to know the Hubpages communities opinion on war. And maybe this could be the start of a debate that can answer a lot of questions the government refuses to ask or answer.
by Knight6 7 years ago
what do you think the world would be like without religion and why?this question is for all believers and nonbelievers
by backporchstories 6 years ago
Sun solar flares increasing in intensity, is this part of 2012 vision of the Mayans?With the 2012 vision of this time ending and the influence of the cosmos recorded to create this vision, do you think the sun's solar flare activity is connected to this possible outcome?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|