jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How does your religious belief system sit with your scientific knowledge?

1. Docmo profile image92
    Docmoposted 6 years ago

How does your religious belief system sit with your scientific knowledge?

I was brought up a Hindu and married into a Catholic family. With such diverse religios beliefs to pick from, I am curious of how this sits side by side with all that I've learnt is science- physics, chemistry, biology and astronomy.....

2. Reynold Jay profile image80
    Reynold Jayposted 6 years ago

What a great question! I wrote a trilogy "Seeds from Heaven " to deal with questions along this line. I felt it would take at least three novels to thoroughly discuss this and leave the reader with some answers.
    Seeds from Heaven
    The series premise:
    God sees that much of his creation has withered and died. His last hope is that Earth can be saved and is perhaps all that can be salvaged. He sets upon a plan in which he sends seeds to Earth that are mankind’s hope for survival. He sends an archangel to assist the four seeds, the three generations of the Lancaster family.
    The Lancaster’s are unaware of their celestial powers or that they are “seeds” with a godly mission. They go about their lives believing they are ordinary American citizens in a modern day world. Each Lancaster experiences life quite differently and it is only with age, that each begins to understand their unique relationship with a higher power. The stories of self-discovery show the struggles that each encounter as they make their way in a world that is challenging them at every turn.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I was raised a Christian and have morphed my faith to fit modern science and what I have seen. I do believe that the bible is God's word, however, I don't think He is telling us everything. In my eyes, he created us years after creating most of everything else. Since you know astronomy, you know this is a big place we are in. I doubt He has the time for us. Some day He will be back though. And we need to be ready for Him.

4. Craig Suits profile image77
    Craig Suitsposted 6 years ago

Your a lucky man. At least uou have the knowledge to lay the two question side by side and make decisions with someting more than emotional needs and the desire to believe in fairy tales like most of the world.
    I'll give you a headstart:
    In every scientific catagory on the planet we demand proof before we conclude anythig.
    In all the religions of the world, ask for proof (even a little), and you'll be shown the door or fed a pile of crap the doesn't even make sense let alone prove anything.
    Your a "thinking man", which is it going to be? Unproveable fairy tales. or proveable scientific fact?

5. Frank Menchise profile image27
    Frank Menchiseposted 6 years ago

Let me tell you you are a lucky man since you know two religions already. Now I need to say that I have no much scientific knowledge to answer your question, but for sure these two subjects don't go well together, just because religions are beliefs and do not have to prove anything, but for the benefit of mankind religions need to modify and come a bit closer to the Scientific world if they want to survive in the future, this is what I am trying to say in my religious writing in Hub Pages and somewhere else in the Internet.

6. wilmiers77 profile image60
    wilmiers77posted 6 years ago

Science is the study of absolutes, what exist and repeats. The results influences our theology, the study of God. Scientist studies the after thoughts of God; the results leads us to having the ability to recognize God, and at that point the question becomes whether I choose self or I choose God; repent and accept God's way.

I choose Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior which has been more than sufficient.

working