jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Obama's bracket: Doesnt he have more to worry about?

1. johnb0127 profile image71
    johnb0127posted 8 years ago

As you know, President Obama has made an NCAA bracket and it has made big talk.  Doesn't Obama have more important things to worry about?  Like our weak economy, our broke nation, and our war with Iraq?

Im interested to hear your thoughts

--John

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
      Uninvited Writerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Do you expect him to work 24 hours a day? Everyone needs down time.

Bush managed to have a full 2-years worth of vacation when he was president.

johnb0127posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Hes the president of the United States!

1. Uninvited Writer profile image82
          Uninvited Writerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

So was George W. Bush...
          Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3p9y_OEAdc

2. RKHenry profile image78
      RKHenryposted 8 years agoin reply to this

And since the man has taken office, he has been tackling those issues.  What I find ironic is that Bush made all these messes, yet we expect Obama to have it all cleaned up in his first 50 days in office.  What took Bush, 8 years to create, is going to take more than 50 days to clean up.  Obama should be given the curosity to eat, poop, sleep and yes even time to make a NCAA B-Ball bracket.

2. gamergirl profile image59
    gamergirlposted 8 years ago
  3. johnb0127 profile image71
    johnb0127posted 8 years ago

He has tackled these issues?  Our economy is still terribly low, we are still in war, and now he just keeps throwing out all this money.  Nothing has happened in the first 50 days of his presidency.

1. RKHenry profile image78

What is your question?  Or do you just have an opinion?  How can you say he is not tackling the issues at hand.  Yes, he is doing something.  Our economy is terribly low.  Bush put into place the CEO's of Corporate and they have raped the taxpayers and destroyed the economy. 

What in the world gave you the idea it could be fixed in one day let alone and not saying it won't take SEVERAL years, too rebuild the damn thing so it can be reconstructed to produce healthy outcomes?  I'd say you know little of the economics of our country if you expect 1 person in 1day to fix it.  Though you never said that, your implications suggest as much.

Would you have the same expectation of McCain.  I doubt it.  Why aren't you lipping about him?  What is he doing to try to EFFECTIVELY fix America's economy?  Let alone Palin.  She's got her state in one hell of mess.  She was almost our future leader...  So was McCain.  The difference is McCain still works for the federal gov. & yet he has not proposed 1 bill that would help our economy.  I think you have no clue as to what is being discussed or your posts wouldn't be so extreme and bias.  The economy isn't a right wing or left wing issue.  Though Bush damn near destroyed it, by applying right wing tactics the past 8 years and failed.  The sooner the Republicans start owing up to SOME blame the healthier this nation will become.  However, pointing fingers at Obama and blaming him for America's state of affairs right now is ridiculous.  Blaming him because stuff is not happening at John's warp speed is either dumb or immature.  I'm thinking immaturity has your better judgment.

johnb0127posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Of course not!  This economy cannot be changed in 1 day.  I never said that.  Go back and read buddy.  I was saying he could at least be trying to help our economy.  All that has happened in his 50 days is wasteful spending.  You think putting aside 248 million for the Homeland Security Headquarters is gonna help this economy?  That was one of the items in his stimulus package.

McCain is not the president, Obama is.  What did Bush do to hurt this economy?  Nothing.

1. RKHenry profile image78

You need to go back and read buddy oh boy.  "I'd say you know little of the economics of our country if you expect 1 person in 1day to fix it.  Though you never said that, your implications suggest as much."  See I acknowledge you never said that!  So back off buddy.

4. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 8 years ago

"What did Bush do to hurt this economy?  Nothing."
    So who was it then?

working