jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)

Afghan's torture self-witness

1. maxoxam41 profile image76
    maxoxam41posted 2 years ago

First they took off my clothes. Then they tied a thin plastic cord around my penis so I couldn’t pee. Then they forced me to lie down face down on the floor. Four people beat me with cables. They tied my legs together and beat the soles of my feet with a wooden stick. They punched me in the face and kicked me. They hit my head on the floor. They tied laces around my neck to strangle me.

Who were his torturers?

During the day they’d leave me in the cell with my arms pulled out to the side, stretched out. During the night, they’d hang me from the ceiling from my hands. I have scars on my hands. My feet would be tied together. They’d barely touch the ground. My eyes were blindfolded. They’d pour cold water over my head. They’d do this from about 9 pm until 10 or 11 pm.

They did this for 4 nights in a row.

They were questioning me all the time. Whenever they tortured me, they had someone with a pen and notebook. They’d ask, “Where are the weapons? Where are you hiding them?” I’d tell them that I worked as a cashier for the Ministry of Culture: “Ask them about me,” I’d say.

They left the string around my penis for 4 days. My abdomen was bulging. I wasn’t able to pee for those 4 days.

1. rhamson profile image77
      rhamsonposted 2 years ago in reply to this

What is the response you are looking for from this post? If torture is bad was what you were expressing then you are correct.

maxoxam41posted 2 years ago in reply to this

I guess my question was the following one : "who were his torturers? And, what about accountability?

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Without knowing where it occurred and who the writer is (testing his veracity) it is impossible to have an opinion, let alone KNOW who did it or if they were held accountable.

Someone who doesn't close her/his eyes as for international events, someone who is informed will know without asking for a source.
            I guess, you know the source and don't want to admit it and need to hide your head in the sand by asking an irrelevant question.
            But when general Powell (I guess he is an authority figure for you) tells you that Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction, your cognitive antennas are on the alert mode.

Sorry, I don't follow the conspiracy theorists and must therefore be uninformed.

Where is the relationship with the conspiracy theorists?

2. rhamson profile image77

I can only assume from your inferences that you are talking about the CIA as the torturers in this instance. Is it possible that you do not know that most Americans know this? The acts are accepted as they are not reported and the victims are moved from country to country. The electorate refuse to take control of their own government so what makes you think they will hold anyone accountable for these acts? The Israelis found out a long time ago that torture was a very unreliable source for information. They found that  gaining the trust of the prisoner was a more direct source to the truth. One thing you have to admit while it doesn't win any friends, is when a drone or cruise missile flies overhead in Pakistan, people duck and run for cover.

Simple US mercenaries will suffice. But US agents they were.
            When you say "Is it possible that you don't know that most Americans know it?" what are you basing your allegations upon? Wilderness is the perfect example of what most of the US believes. Why would we assume that the torturer is US? Didn't he allude to the conspiracy theorist to reject my allegation?
            Most of Americans deny the reality. Why are we in Iraq? In Afghanistan? If the weatherman underground exported violence on the US soil it was to fight the blatant hypocrisy of the people.
            If I follow your logic, too. Most Americans know it. Does it also mean that they accept it? Indeed. Therefore we are NOT INNOCENT. What would happen if suddenly a group of youngsters decided for humanitarian reasons to export violence in DC (fiefdom of thugs) because of our perpetration of unpunished violence? Yourself, you are ready to kill few Iraqis if necessary whereas they are legitimate in their country! What does justify wanton invasions according to you?
            Not a long ago, I referred to Detroit and Minneapolis as cities in recession. Lauryn Hill was dumbfounded by the news. Isn't it typical of the US society?

The problem with allegations such as this is that, just like conspiracy theories, they are just that.  Allegations without any real evidence.  Just made up stories that could indicate something...if they were founded on solid evidence.  But they're not.

2. rhamson profile image77

I do understand where you are coming from but your take on my willingness to kill Iraqis is a bit off. I am willing if they are willing. The justification comes from eithers decision to continue the war.

working