jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Is it Just: Ramsey Orta

1. ZAZO profile image67
    ZAZOposted 2 years ago

This young man video taped the Eric Garner incident now he is behind bars on multiple charges. Is this the new face of Justice?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

What?  Because he put a video on the net means he now has a "get out of jail free" card?  That he no longer needs to follow the laws of the land along with the rest of us?

2. Credence2 profile image83
      Credence2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I reserve judgment until it is proven that the charges on the young man was harassment and not a legitimate arrest.

You won't make judgement when the charges are proven to be true then?  Only when proven false?

1. Credence2 profile image83
          Credence2posted 2 years agoin reply to this

let me clarify for you. if the judgment is true then the arrest is appropriate. OK!
          As has been made evident over the past several weeks, minorities do not believe nor see Mayberry type cops or law enforcement.  That is the reality. Under these circumstances, there is always going to be suspicion of motives on both sides. So,  I say what Gorbachev once said, "trust but verify".

smile That that might be what you meant.  But it DID sound a little odd, you know?

working