jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

Trump's campaign paid his own businesses $12.8 million

1. promisem profile image98
    promisemposted 12 months ago
    1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Don't know if there is a bit of truth in it, but the ethics of the action, if true, is fine.  Assuming, of course, that those businesses offered a price that was reasonable for services rendered.

promisemposted 12 months agoin reply to this

FYI, the information comes from Federal Election Commission reports filed by the campaign.

2. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Neither Clinton nor Trump accepted public funds for their campaigns, so I can't be too outraged over what either of them spent their campaign money on.  The last candidate to use federal matching funds was McCain in 2008.

3. ahorseback profile image61
      ahorsebackposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Every candidate does the economic shuffle in financing political campaigns , YOU had no problem with the Clintons and their foundation or Obama doing even far -worse than this ?   How hypocritical is your post , come on liberals try - Try not to be so naked in your hypocrisy.

promisemposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Sigh. I simply asked if it was right or wrong. Please relax.

4. dianetrotter profile image73
      dianetrotterposted 12 months agoin reply to this

If it is going on now, the emoluments clause will apply.

That clause applies solely to payments from foreign countries and dignitaries that give money to Trump.  Unless you think his campaign was a foreign country or King?

1. colorfulone profile image86
          colorfuloneposted 12 months agoin reply to this

Trump is giving any income from foreign profits to the US Treasury Dept.  smile   Sweet and generous man!

Yes, I saw that.  But I'm not sure about being "sweet" - while it likely isn't a lot of money (to Trump - might keep me going for years!) I'm sure it is done solely to prevent legal challenges.

working