jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

May day protests in Portland lead to violence

1. jackclee lm profile image73
    jackclee lmposted 5 months ago

This seems to repeat every year. The protest for workers becomes a vehicle for radicals to take advantage of numbers to cause harm and damages to local businesses. Why?
    Where are the police and national guards?
    It is the job of government to maintain order. Peaceful protest and rally are fine, violence and property damage is not.

jackclee lmposted 5 months agoin reply to this
    2. lions44 profile image96
      lions44posted 5 months agoin reply to this

Jack, compared with prior years, this year was relatively around the NW.  Everybody saw Portland.  But we had almost no problems in Seattle. Olympia has some issues. Believe it or not, our capital is full of radicals. They destroyed bank windows and a few other stores. It's getting better each year.
      So maybe Portland needs to take a look at what Seattle PD and admin have done the past few years.

I am glad to hear it. Seattle is a beautiful city. Keep those agitators out. What they need to do is protest against the homeless problem there...

Here is a simple rule, you can protest and march peacefully all day long. If you wear a mask, all bets are off. What is the purpose of wearing a mask? That is what bank robbers do?
          If you are not willing to show your face, you are an agitator and a potential criminal.
          I want to hear from those who defends this action? Where is the justification?
          How is breaking windows of a shop and setting fire get your point across?
          It detracts from your message.
          If they just crack down on these anarchists for once, they will stop. What I mean is they arrest them, charge them with a crime, go to court and put their photos on the front pages of local newspapers. Let the people of their peers decide what is appropriate behavior.
          If these city managers do not do this, they are tacit supporting them and they deserve all that they get. Let the people vote them out.

2. lions44 profile image96
          lions44posted 5 months agoin reply to this

I forgot to add: 9 Olympia officers were injured and some are still in the hospital. I misspoke a little. Did not know about the police injuries until I was commuting.   Clean up has begun.

1. colorfulone profile image90
            colorfuloneposted 5 months agoin reply to this

That protest turned into another riot.  I don't even know what to say about that kind of conduct.  I read a report that nine arrests were made. 

I watched a video this morning (unknown where it was) but one protester got run over by a car because there were several protesters blocking a road and they were banging on that stopped car.  Its scary that protesters will put themselves in harms way like that, and interrupt others' lives .

working