jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

States of Emergency: homelessnss

1. ptosis profile image82
    ptosisposted 5 weeks ago

Cities, States Turn to Emergency Declarations to Tackle Homeless Crisis
    Hawaii  Los Angeles, CA and Portland, Oregon,
    for 2 years now

Trump’s budget cuts could cause a huge spike in homelessness – leaving people on streets in numbers not seen since the Reagan era.  13% HUD reduction of $6.2 billion & completely wipe out the US Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH).
    https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13770471.jpg

2. ahorseback profile image82
    ahorsebackposted 5 weeks ago

Back to the  homeless again huh ?  In my experiences of driving around America this entire summer all I see are the usual sign holding , probable drug or alcohol addicts.   I realize there are legitimate cases of it but why are there ALWAYS  drug , violence and alcohol  arrests in the "homeless " camps , at least in the ones I've seen ?

WE have an incredible  safety blanket array of available  services in America .
    Someone will have to prove to most of us that all "homeless" are  actually that desperate.

3. colorfulone profile image87
    colorfuloneposted 5 weeks ago

Trump is the CEO-in-Chief, a business man who dislikes wasteful spending.  Ben Carson has done an audit on HUD and found $520 BILLION of spending that is unaccounted for.  Fixing the waste by fixing the budget is not going to increase homelessness, but it will make HUD accountable, save the American taxpayers money, at a lose to corrupt individuals who don't work at HUD anymore. 

Homelessness is still a big problem in some states and has been for a very long time. What are those states doing to solve homelessness?

1. Paul Wingertt profile image61
      Paul Wingerttposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Cuts are needed to programs in order to fund the orange man-baby's golf trips and securing his white trash family.

1. ahorseback profile image82
        ahorsebackposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

OR ......Cuts are needed to eliminate  massive wastes in the entitlement safety blanket systems  .ie. Work  for Welfare .     No more SSI disability  for back aches and morning sickness ,   Acorn spending  for multiple abortions . Maybe to help internet trolls like yourself to find new meaning in their lives .

1. Paul Wingertt profile image61
          Paul Wingerttposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Yeah, right.

Thanks for agreeing .

4. ptosis profile image82
    ptosisposted 5 weeks ago

Wow. Such jumping like a flea on shit.  So in life.. Nothing happens eh ? No flood fires loss of job that went overseas no family problems.. It's aaaaaaaallll the victim's fault eh ?. You must live a very boring life. You should be thankful.

If you were truly as informed as most  liberals , you would at least recognize a lot of corruption in these " systems"  ,    Actual ' homeless" caused by such disasters ; is minimal .  You really need to take a walk under the bridge sometime and see the used needles , Bud Light cans ,   and mental illness'.   

Begin there and call me back.

1. ptosis profile image82
        ptosisposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Begin there and call me back

????

Or is it more like "Been there and came back"

70% of people are temporary homeless and get a place within 9-14 months

Your example is the "HARD core" homeless living on the street for years They are NOT the majority.

For you to take a minority  of disabled people  who are without a social support system and characterize them as thieves and scammers is a most dishonorable thing for you to do. It is callous and devoid of any human compassion.

Perhaps you lived a very hard life there H. IDK, But you seem to be extremely harsh and bitter. I hope you can deal with your emotional problems more effectively in the future without crapping all over people indiscriminately on a forum like this.

Good luck to you.

Jees , chill it down dude .     you just answered to my points ,   "70% ............blah blah ..."   I didn't say some people don't need help , you need to walk beneath the bridge dude and yes , entitlement and safety systems are rife with corruption ......I'm not the one with the emotional  problem as  you're doing the name calling .

working