jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

GOP Tax reform ready to pass by Christmas

1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 5 weeks ago

The House and Senate has reconciled their differences on the tax reform bill.
    It is on the way to passing before Christmas break.
    What do you think of the new bill?
    Are you personally affected? Positively or Negatively?
    Will it help our country compete in a global market?
    With it make America Great?

1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Will have very little immediate effect on me.  Long term, though - I suspect the deficit is going to be far, far higher than projected.  Higher than it is now, in fact.

jackclee lmposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Since when a liberal democrat worry about deficits? When Barack Obama drove up the deficts from 10 trillion to 20 trillion... not one on either side of the aisle complained...

1. ahorseback profile image79
          ahorsebackposted 5 weeks agoin reply to this

Time to pay for those free cell phones , bus rides to the polls , tripling  food stamp allocations  and
          wasted  highway stimulus  programs ,   Even Planned Parenthood had to sell fetus parts to supplement their income losses ,     

China pwns us day in and day out .

2. wilderness profile image98

Since a Republican suggests it.  sad

2. ahorseback profile image79
    ahorsebackposted 5 weeks ago

Jack , Are you trying to inject reason into the fact that even the  Trump Obstructionists people will gain
    money from the Tax reforms AND you think they will acknowledge it ?

Tax reform is long over due. Even though I prefer the Fair Tax, this reform is better than none.
      I support it and hope all will see the benefits down the road.
      For those in Congress that worry about driving up the debt, Senator Corker, I am speaking to you directly and to some of my fellow Americans, stop spending and that should reduce the deficits and the debt.
      At a time where the IRS is collecting record revenue, we should be cutting taxes and reducing spending to reduce our deficits...and debt. The economy is growing thanks to business friendly reforms and the natural business cycle. Now is the time...

1. wilderness profile image98

CBO projects the deficit to be around 170B, down from current 660B.

Yes, but since when have the CBO been right in their projections? The ACA being a prime example...

3. ahorseback profile image79
    ahorsebackposted 5 weeks ago

China 'OWNS 'us day in and day out .

4. profile image60
    MAGNUUMposted 4 weeks ago

Do the math, your personal tax credit raised from $1200 to $2400 per dependent. Tax lowered from 25% to 10%. To any average wage earner that is part of the promise to Americans. Democrats in congress are running scared with threats of TA Relief allowing American workers to keep what is rightfully theirs. You never see them take a CUT in congressional pay or pay into S/S or medical benefits. Follow your money not the ten year plan of the two party system. What did you or most Americans get from Obama spending of 10+ trillion dollars in 8 years ?

1. ahorseback profile image79
      ahorsebackposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Understand that liberals know all to well that the sacrifice of entitlement spending is imminent with tax cuts ,   THAT and only THAT  is the main concern always to that side of the political fence.

Trump could in eight years totally eliminate the national debt ;
      AND what would liberals have to complain about then ,  No food stamps , No free health care ,  no low interest loans to default on ,   no subsidies to university systems that breed hatred , generational discourse and infantile ideologies.

working