Bannon subpoened while Sec. Homeland Secuirty developes amnesia

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

Today 's interviews with Sec. of HS and Steve Bannon proved one thing, it's dang hard to get the truth out of any of Trump's cronies and appointees. Bannon's refusal to answer questions before the House Committee led to his being subpoenaed by both the House and Special Counselor Mueller.

In a different interview before the Senate, Sec. of Homeland Security has a memory loss about the infamous "S#ithole/house meeting a week ago. It really is remarkable how those near Trump cannot remember meeting Russians or what they heard when with our venerable leader.  Do you think it's beginning to look a bit fishy, or is there really an amnesia epidemic raging through the White House.

And yes, I know I misspelled security.

Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

UPDATE: After many hours  dodging questions the subpoena was acquired, and now it's said "Sloppy Steve" is cooperating fully with the House Panel. He's been behind closed doors for over 12 hours now hopefully spilling his guts. Mueller gets the next shot at him. smile

1. IslandBites profile image89
        IslandBitesposted 6 years agoin reply to this
    2. GA Anderson profile image90
      GA Andersonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Look at the bright side Randy, your party's favorite Senator Booker will be a shoo-in for the 2018 "I am a Thespian" award for Over-Acting. I think I saw some of the other Democrat committee members reaching for biscuits to sop up the sincerity drippings.

I will leave you to your judgement about her dancing around saying what she heard, but I think she portrayed an extremely intelligent and capable persona. I was pleasantly surprised.

GA ;-)

Yo GA, I sorta figured you'd accept her amnesia. You don't think she was covering for Trump?

How could you tell Booker wasn't sincere in his anger at what he conceived of her coincidental amnesia? I'd like to be able to have that gift. tongue

You don't have anything to add about Bannon?

1. GA Anderson profile image90

You do have "that gift" Randy, we all have it. Whether it is used or not, or how it is used,  is a different matter.

Whether I accept Neilson's (sp?), "amnesia" - or not, would depend on what I know about the circumstances of the meeting. And since all I know is what I have heard on CNN, or read in various media articles, it would be presumptuous of me to doubt her, or, to convict her as a liar, or "a good soldier."  Aren't you concerned about that too?

Bannon is an interesting story. I am all atither, waiting for the next episode. I remember hearing about those "Who shot JR?" parties, Or maybe a better analogy would be a "tailgate" party. Either one covers  the point.

GA

It's good to know I have the "gift", GA. Does that mean my suspicions about Trump being a traitor are true? tongue

You couldn't tell the Sec. was avoiding answering the questions truthfully, but you could tell Booker was acting?  Careful there GA, you might commit yourself to something. yikes

If you think Pres. Trump is a "traitor" Randy, then I think you missed the instructions that came with your gift.

Of course I could tell she was avoiding answering the questions - the way the questioners wanted her to answer them.

As for Booker... It sure looked like acting, (over-acting), to me. We will have to wait for the awards committee's vote to see who is right.

Regarding me committing to something... As a dear old friend and riding buddy would say, "There you go again..."

Instead of using assumptions Randy, you should use your gift. I think I constantly display multiple commitments in these forums; A commitment not to sound like a partisan flak.  A commitment not to draw conclusions from too few, or tainted facts. A commitment to not be the one that grabs the brush from the tar bucket. And the hardest commitment of all to keep; abide the thought rather than open my mouth and remove the doubt.

GA

I'm not assuming Trump is an honest man because he lies on a daily basis, GA. I'd like to be able to believe my president, especially on important topics, but that's just me. You guys don't seem to care if he lies or his cronies take his lead. His statement of "the press is the enemy of the nation" quotes Stalin who even Khrushchev prohibited the statement.

Trump's calling facts "fake news" is another indication he want's to be a despot instead a leader of a free country. But keep taking up for the buffoon if you feel he's good for the country and the free press. 

I'm sure you'll watch Trump's fake news award show and probably love it, but that may be just my "gift" being in error again. tongue

Yep Randy, it failed you again. I have no plans to watch it.

GA

2. profile image0
        PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

She seemed very bright. She was quite good at avoiding answering the question of what Trump said, like a good soldier.

Perfect for Donnie's purpose in appointing her. yikes

2. gmwilliams profile image84
          gmwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

+1,000,000,000,000,000

3. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 6 years agoin reply to this

It is LYING......COVERING UP.....,not so-called amnesia.   Nielsen was well aware of what Trump said about Haiti, El Salvador, & some African countries.   Nielson maintained that Trump used some rough language; however, she conveniently claimed that she "couldn't recall" what Trump stated.  What a LIAR!

2. profile image49
    Claudia Philipsposted 6 years ago

Percfect!!

3. Solaras profile image96
    Solarasposted 6 years ago

Chief of DHS was not impressive to me. She pretended not to know Norway was predominantly white European, and yet her ancestry goes back the Swede/Norwegian. 

Her voice was getting shaky when she had no Big Beautiful Wall answers for questions like: How much will the eminent domain compensation cost us (I don't know) how much territory will be required in the set back (I don't know) how many coast guard cutters, TSA and ICE personnel could we purchase/hire with the $18 billion you want allocated for the wall (I don't know). She was about to break, but then he lost his round of questioning, and she had time to recomposed herself.  Her testimony there  reminded me of the lawyer who had never tried a case being put up for a judicial appointment. 

I don't know why everyone has to lie about what he said, including the shithead who said it. If you are ashamed, make an apology; don't lie and force everyone else to lie for you too. No backbone, a craven coward.  Won't visit any troops in combat zones, because his heel spurs start acting up, old military school injury.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)