Are Trump/Bannon having a cat fight or a street fight and why?

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (131 posts)
  1. dianetrotter profile image61
    dianetrotterposted 6 years ago

Steve Bannon is willing to discuss the Trumps and the Russians.  Is this different from all other discussion of the Russians.  Will Breitbart News start attacking Trump?  Will Trump's base have to choose between Trump and Bannon?

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 6 years agoin reply to this

This is an interesting dynamic that will be fascinating to watch.

dianetrotterposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I know.  I am glued to Twitter and cabl
        e news.

2. GA Anderson profile image89
        GA Andersonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So you like blood sports. Hmm... I think you are right that it will be interesting - two self-perceived super Alphas - it can be nothing less than a battle to the death.

GA

1. profile image0

I love psychological thrillers, though I confess I prefer them to be fiction.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88
            MizBejabbersposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Yes, especially when the future of my country is on the line.

I think it's going to be a full-scale street fight Diane, and I think Bannon will come out on top.

It seems almost certain Pres. Trump will say something he shouldn't. And nearly as certain that Bannon will make some kind of claim that Pres. Trump would rather not be made - true or not.

GA

I totally agree GA.  Why would Steve Bannon hate Trump's kids and think Trump would mind him maligning their character.  Bannon was probably exploiting the situation for his own purposes.

I am trying to go through news withdrawal.  I need a support group.

1. profile image0

I understand. I am down with the flu and am alternating between my news app and my coloring app, with TV news in the background. Watching Sarah Sanders robotically deadpan another non-answer is probably not helping me recover. Do you think those pearls contain transdermal Valium?

First day I saw the pearls, I figured it was a special occasion.  THEN every time she did a briefing, she had the pearls on.  I hadn't thought about valium but you might be on to something.

2. MizBejabbers profile image88

Love the Valium comments. I never thought of that, but something is keeping her calm. It may be genetics. Our state suffered her father as governor from 1996 to 2007, so seeing another Huckabee at the podium is nothing new. I wish she'd share.

1. profile image0

I find the way she skirts the truth and defends Trump's lies so effortlessly and without any apparent discomfort to be highly disturbing. At least Spicey often looked like he'd swallowed a turd when he was attempting to  explain away his boss' latest idiocy.

1. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94
                Tim Truzy info4uposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Sanders Sarah (whatever) has a legitimate concern. She knows whatr her boss does to women. That could explain the fear.
                melania may be quiet for the same reason.
                (Great forum, Dian. This one is really interesting.)

1. Randy Godwin profile image59
                  Randy Godwinposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I've gained a bit more respect for Melania as she was obviously pissed about the Stormy Daniels story resurfacing. Ms. Daniels is making a mint dancing for a reported $75,000 a night in Vegas so it leaves one to suspect Melania would rather travel to Florida instead of accompanying Sugar Daddy to Davos. Does anyone blame her?

1. GA Anderson profile image89

Here ya go Randy, an exposed "soft" spot. I know nothing about Melania - other than the public media information since her husband became a candidate. Yet... my impression is that she has a bit of class. I like her. And for some unexplained reason, I can see her telling Donald to go to hell, you're sleeping on the couch tonight.

Is "Stormy" really making $75k  for a night of dancing? Boy, some of us do have some perverted values don't they.

GA

2. dianetrotter profile image61

On the one hand, I say she had to know how he was when she married him.  BUT, I'm all for her not being a Stepford wife.  When she tweets, I like and give her a little boost.

Now that Trump's hoe-buddy Wynn is being roasted, that will add fuel to the fire on Trump.  Men you can't answer this.

Ladies,
                    HOW can a boss make you get naked and then have sex with him???????  I don't understand it.   AND I've heard John Travolta has done his share of coercion with the boys.

Geez Tim Truzy info4u, That is such a degenerate thought, I am glad it didn't come from one of our more experienced forum participants.

GA

Wow! GA, I'm glad I don't have to appeal to your idea of experience. I'm experienced in keeping with the idea of freedom of speech and the right to make my views heard. Hmm.
                    I read an article in Harper's magazine and material in other publications that suggests many women still follow the idea of the man taking the lead. That's why Trump took most of the Appalachian region. Are you familiar with White Southern Baptists?
                    I did an informal survey, and most of my Whitefemale friends who were in this denomination gladly stood behind their "man," even if he was wrong.
                    Now, Sarah Sanders is from Arkansas. Hmm. What do you say Ga?
                    Maybe I'm experienced in writing and the group psychology of what is going on. Big Hmm. (lol)

3. dianetrotter profile image61

Don't mention it Tim.  If you feel like you need to pay me, I do have a Paypal account.

Has anyone noticed that Tom mcGan hasn't said, "No I did not say I would resign before I fire Mueller."  Some say Bannon dropped that little tidbit off at Mueller's office.  However, if McGan is afraid of jail, he might have told them about it in his interview.

Hi PrettyPanther. Without intending to offer an opinion on whether she is more adept at hiding turd-taste than Spicer, I would offer another thought to consider. Could it be that she is just damn good at her job? That whether she agrees with the Trumpisms she defends, or finds them distasteful - she does her job.

I would like to think that is the case. Competent professionalism is always something to admire. Hell, even if she is a true Trump believer, from what I have seen, she still presents a very professional image. I would give her credit, regardless of her motives.

GA

1. profile image0

Sorry, I cannot extend admiration to someone who expertly obfuscates and lies for a living.

I can agree she is good at it and maybe that's all you were suggesting anyway. ;-)

That was it.

GA

2. MizBejabbers profile image88

Speaking of white Southern Baptists, Sarah Sanders grew up in the household of a president of the Southern Baptist Convention, her daddy, so I wouldn't hazard a guess at how she believes. I do see her sluffing off more questions than she answers, so she apparently knows which side her bread is buttered on and has been trained to spread it on the proper political side. That's not dissing Sarah because she may have the hardest job in the U.S. right now.

I have more respect for her mother than any member of the whole family. The motorcycle riding, sky diving Janet Huckabee pushed herself to the edge but didn't cross over, and always managed to remain a lady. As first lady, some of the media nicknamed her the "First Tomboy."

That pecan pie looked to die for.  No one from the press briefing commented on how good it was.  I was jealous 2 first.  Then I wondered if she was just kidding.  She might be able to get a gig on Food Network when this is over.

3. dianetrotter profile image61

So do we consider the book, Fake Fire and Fury, fake news?  They are reading quotes from it on cable news and online. 

Can Trump intimidate Bannon into keeping his mouth closed.  The horse is already out of the barn.  Will he, himself, stop talking about people  Huma Abedin should be jailed??

1. profile image0

I read where Wolff has dozens of hours of audiotape to back up his book. You notice that Bannon hasn't denied any of it.

neither has 45.  He just tried to say he was a nobody!

Hi, guys,
            I think they probably are having a lover's quarrel. it's to trick us; they will make up.
            On the other hand, my dog got in a fight and those two dogs are buddies again.
            Bannon? Trump? Choose between fire or Hell-they both give me a burning rash when I hear them.
            Much love to you Hubbers.

Tim, were any puppies involved?  Bannon was going to apologize but Trump went gorilla ape on him.  Looks like they aren't going to make up soon.

I woke up to a storm of tweets about Trump defending his sanity this morning.  Bannon is as quiet as a church house mouse.

I noticed!

No, puppies were not involved, Dian. But Trump's grandchildren are Jewish - I can't figure out whether he hates Jewish people or not. By recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, does he want that nation involved in continuous war?   
            But I do know this: Trump is the president of his base. He'll not suffer behind this because they believe anything he says.
            I know this: Trump needs Bannon to continue to tap into the anger that got him elected.
            I do know this: misery loves company. That's why I suspect they may be doing this for attention.
            Their bigger agenda is to take us backwards, to a time when .... (fill in the blank with something from a century or so ago.) They need each other, like stink needs (fill in the blank with something here.)
            I suspect its politics for another reason, too.
            The Democrats trashed the Republicans in November. Trump may be suggesting he's distancing himself from the alt-right to win over moderate Republicans for the 2018 elections.
            I remember something Trump has said repeatedly over time which he does- that is - I'll say whatever it takes to get what I want.

Bannon has been real quiet for the past few days.  Trump has asked that he be fired from Breitbart.

4. dianetrotter profile image61

Trump leading the street fight, Bannon abandoned by Mercers and fired from Breibart!
      Will Bannon drop a dime or a Russian ruble on Trump?

Bannon’s critical comments first appeared in pre-publication excerpts of Wolff’s book, including calling Ivanka Trump "dumb as a brick." They led to an uncharacteristically harsh statement from Trump that began, “Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my Presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind.” Bannon apologized for some of his comments several days later, casting himself as a tireless supporter of the president. But the apology was rejected, with a White House spokesman announcing, “I don’t believe there is any way back for Mr. Bannon at this point.”

5. dianetrotter profile image61

Wilderness, you know i like to stay on topic, but I found this just for you!!!

Meeeeeet the ENEMA BANDIT!!!
      Michael H. Kenyon
      From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      For the crime novelist, see Michael Kenyon.
      Michael Hubert Kenyon (born c. 1944[1] in Elgin, Illinois) is an American criminal nicknamed the Enema Bandit. He pleaded guilty to a decade-long series of armed robberies of female victims, some of which involved sexual assaults in which he would give them enemas. He is also known as the "Champaign Enema Bandit," the "Ski Masked Bandit", and "The Illinois Enema Bandit".[2]

Attacks and conviction[edit]
      The earliest attacks Kenyon was accused of having committed were on two teenage sisters in March 1966 in Champaign, Illinois.[3] Kenyon graduated from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1967 and left the state. The attacks thus ended in Champaign but started anew in Manhattan, Kansas; Norman, Oklahoma; and Los Angeles, California.[2]

Kenyon returned to Champaign, and the attacks resumed, in 1972.[4] In May 1975, Kenyon took a job as an auditor for the Illinois Department of Revenue in Lincolnwood, Illinois.[5] He then committed additional attacks, including on three Cook County flight attendants.[6] He also attacked four women in an Urbana sorority house, one of whom was administered an enema.[1][7][8] He was involved in a minor traffic accident later that night, but was not arrested.

Kenyon was eventually apprehended in suburban Chicago a few weeks later in connection with a number of robberies there.[9] During questioning he began to talk about the enema bandit. After his arrest he was judged to be legally sane; in December 1975, he pleaded guilty to six counts of armed robbery[10] and was sentenced to six to twelve years in prison for each count, but was never charged for the enema assaults.[11] He was paroled in 1981 after serving six years. [12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_H._Kenyon

2. Aime F profile image71
    Aime Fposted 6 years ago

I trust both of these people as far as I can throw them. Having to choose sides is like choosing between an enema and a pap smear.

1. profile image0

LOL, I can't imagine taking sides. Disturbing thought.

When I saw "enema" I thought about a guy they called the Enema Bandit.  Back in the late 80s, he would break into peoples homes and give them enemas!

1. Aime F profile image71
        Aime Fposted 6 years agoin reply to this

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13850755.jpg

3. Shogun profile image40
      Shogunposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. As far as I'm concerned, they are both lying, manipulative crooks. Hope some indictments are issued in 2018...

3. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94
    Tim Truzy info4uposted 6 years ago

I wonder how that will work out. Our president doesn't understand freedom of the press (unless it applies to him). Bannon may be quiet because he may be reloading his vocabulary to come after Trump again.
    I remembered something else: Trump used to be a big part of the W.W.E. scene. Maybe they are practicing trash talking and behind the scenes, they are drinking champagne and eating fish eggs.
    I recall watching on TV when one wrestler I thought really hated this other wrestler explained, "That's my best friend out of the ring. I attended his wedding and I am a god parent to his daughter."
    Who knows!

Reality TV has been taken to a "whole 'nother level!"

4. dianetrotter profile image61

Bannon eats crow:  https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/ … ook-327216   

There's debate over whether Jake Tapper or Stephen Miller won out this morning.  Miller was rude wasn't willing to answer questions.

5. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

I can't resist Dian.
    Bannon and Trump sang: "Let's just kiss and say good-bye.
    Followed closely by Bannon's solo tune: "I'm working my way back to you, babe."
    Finally, their duet soon: "Let's stay together."

I love it!

6. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

I think when Bannon went after Trump's daughter, that was it.
    Trump said enough. I'm not surprised at the firing of Bannon. Republicans on CNN started saying he had no place in mainstream politics after he went down to Alabama to support Roy.
    Maybe the break up is permanent.

7. dianetrotter profile image61

AND Fox news doesn't even want him. I'm

8. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

One of the reasons I heard he was set free from the White House was  because he didn't have a good understanding of the issues.
    I read a Hub, here that suggested Bannon claimed to be a Leninist.
    If that's true, then there is another reason for him being isolated, even by Fox.

A supposed intelligent, educated man who admitted to being a Leninist?  Didn't Trump know that?  Surely Charlottesville should have been eye-opening.

9. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

I always wondered if the goal of making sure their agenda succeeded overrode everything else they were thinking. I figured Trump thought it might play out like a reality show. I saw on CNN this morning, he referred to the White House as a "studio." He may be out of touch with reality. But if the investigations reveal that there was Russian involvement with the elections,  then, Bannon being a Leninist wouldn't be shocking.

Bannon testifies for Mueller next week.  He said he will "cooperate fully!"

10. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

Maybe the song will be from Styx: "O Mama I'm in fear of my life from the long arm of the law." "Renegade." My real question though,is will Bannon sing like a good choir boy or practice deceptive answers? I bet he'll have more clever ways to answer and sidestep questions than the Rolling Stones have hits over the decades.

Someone on this forum was pretty psychic: You mentioned enemas? Trump must have read the post and thought about it as he made his remarks on immigrants from Haiti and Africa. Great job.
      Maybe he and Bannon might need one before this is done.

I think I still have the article on the Enema Bandit.  I used to clip articles and put them in a scrapbook.  Ah!!! I also have one on a guy who wore a yellow raincoat and sat in the bottom of an outhouse waiting for people to use it.  Why?  I have no freaking idea!

Or he might be vindictive enough to put the final nail in the Russian coffin.  At this point, he has nothing to lose.  I don't feel sorry for either of them.

11. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

Outhouses and politics - they must go together.
    (lol)
    I saw my state's governor on CNN this morning, wondering why our state was not exempt from the drilling they want to do off the East Coast, but Florida is exempt.
    Go figure!
    I said that to point out these guys serve their own interests. I do believe Bannon will give us more than enough information if he is pushed.
    Trump, on the other hand, just wants to make sure his golf course isn't used for an outhouse. That's why the rest of us get a lot of crap.

Have you seen the news in the last 24 hours.  The golf course may be the whore house.

Bannon - will go down in history if he is able to bring a presidency down.

12. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

I agree. I smell something, Dian, and it ain't home grown. Wow!
    I can't wait to hear what this guy reveals to the world.

It's on now!  Mueller issued a subpoena to Bannon.  Playtime is over!!

Bannon admitted that he talked with Priebus and a lawyer that quit about "the meeting in Trump Tower."

Mueller is a smart man with a bunch of smart folks backing him up.  I'm glad I'm not involved.

13. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

I read that today. It's about fall out time. This is getting kinda hectic.

Some are saying Bannon pled executive (or some type) privilege and talked really crazy to the intelligence committe to get back in with 45.  I personally believe he is saving his info for Mueller and wants 45 to sweat bullets.

I love waking up in the morning.  There is always drama!

14. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

Interestingly enough, Bannon is being "counseled" by the White House in this thing right now. It's being postponed for this day. I think this plays into obstruction of justice if Trump is trying to keep Bannonfrom talking to Muheler about relevant topics. I don't get the people who say there is not something here.

Bullheaded and stubborn.

15. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

If this takes down the president, I wonder if Pence will be brought down, too? Stubborn seems to be the way things are done by this administration. Maybe the Republicans should swap with the Dems., they should take the donkey.
    Perhaps, being stubborn -  that's true of all of the administrations. (See, Dian, I listened to your counsel - I try to be fair and balanced.) (lol)

Trump has more than Bannon to worry about. There's a transcript released by the House Intel Com. suggesting the Trump Org. was engaged in money laundering with Russian Nationals, meaning of course, Putin. Time wounds all heels! smile

It would be awful for the family to end up in jail all because Trump hated Obama.  Ivanna said she can't understand.  She thought they would be well received.

I haven't heard anything from Grassley/Graham about the Steele Dossier since Nancy released the Simpson testimony.

What about the call girl they paid $130K?  If the money funneled to NRA really happened, this could be big.

He obviously had no idea he would become president.  He must have known that his life would no longer be private.

I'm reading Fire and Fury!

It's been reported Trump's lawyer paid many women in 2016 to keep quiet through a straw company since he decided to run for President. What a nice guy! tongue

Many knew this and voted for him anyway.  Such a hypocrite.  He has high values that he doesn't uphold himself.  Actually, this is a really kinky guy.

Besides that, more and more details from the infamous dossier are being proven correct as the intel transcripts are released to the public. More fake news shown as fact.

Can you say what these "more and more details" are that have been proven? when I asked my friend Google she pointed me to Vox, (no Randy, that is not a Fox typo), and Newsweek articles. Neither of which can easily be labeled "Right-wing."

Vox had this sub-headline: (Jan 5)
              "The Steele dossier makes six major collusion claims, none proven"

Newsweek had these sub-headlines: (Jan 10)
              "Not proven: Russia had been cultivating Trump for years, or at all."

"Not proven: Trump was offered real estate deals in Russia and turned them down. "

"Not proven: Trump's lawyer worked as an intermediary between Trump and Russia."

"Not proven: Trump is open to blackmail due to illicit sexual activities in Russia."

I am not sure how much trust I want to give these sub-headlines though, when I went to add the ones they say have been verified, they started with this one:
              "Verified: Former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page met with representatives of Russian state-owned oil giant Rosneft."

But they got that mostly wrong. The dossier didn't say Page met with "representatives," it specifically said who he met with: Igor Sechin, and a senior Russian official Igor Diveykin.  So.... it appears Newsweek's "verification:" 
              "...Page’s congressional testimony revealing he had in fact met with other Rosneft officials, including Sechin's subordinate Andrey Baranov, during a trip to Moscow in 2016"

... might not be accurate either. Or the the difference in details is just being picky and  close enough is good enough, Hmm...

But those two articles are a week old Randy, maybe you have new stuff to reveal that has been proven?

GA

Naw him sticking his but up in the air to get spanked with a Forbes Magazine is not news.  At least he didn't get an enema.

16. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

We don't know, Dian. He signed a nondisclosure agreement with the woman. Our president makes the singer Prince (rest in kinkiness) seem like a normal guy.
    They closed down the government over the DOCa program and the "wall." It makes sense you - no money means no spending on things like education. (Raise your hands - "We don't need no education." (Pink Floyd, The Wall.)

I couldn't hear all of the details but it seems John Kelly didn't want Trump to agree with the bipartisan DACA plan because they want a plan originated soley by the Republicans.

This is already a sad situation, but those stupid tweets and the recorded message you hear when calling the WH add to the tension.  I wish we could all "Just get along!"

17. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

R. King quote, nice! But we're dealing with a wannabe King Kong. I was watching TV this morning and the Reps. don't get it - People want the government running, even more than the wall or the DOCA program. This is going to really hurt both parties in the elections.
    Chuck Schumer seems to be the hold out on the Dems. side.
    The Reps. have more to loose in this game. People will remember when their son/daughter in the military didn't get paid; their Medicaid/Medicare stopped; their Soc. Security isn't there.

Oh, yeah! I believe Trump is playing hardball on this to deflect what might happen with Bannon. It seems to be a common tactic of this WH. Change the focus. If Trum goes down, he figures he will take us with him.
      Who can complain about involvement with Russians when mouths are begging for food?

Sessions has been interviewed by Mueller.  Comey has been interviewed.  It's almost time for King Kong Wannabee.

Bannon should be able to get some good licks in when he talks to Mueller.  Now it comes out that Trump asked McCabe who he voted for AND complained about his wife running for office as a Democrat.

Can you imagine the government being run by a party?  Then every time a new president comes in, there is a changeover in government.  We would be fresh meat for Russia, North Korea, and others who want to do us in.  That would be Armageddon.

18. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

Yeah, King Kong wants to testify under oath now with Muehler. I guess that doesn't matter if you think you are the god of the Empire State Building. He'll climb his way out of it.
    "What we have here is a failure to commit an ape."

I never thought I would see the day when real life was more exciting than TV.  I read Mueller wasn't interested in Bannon until helped with Fire and Fury. 

Devin Nunes is setting himself up to look really stupid.  I can't understand that group that is tring to create an FBI "there!" there.

Melania is PISSED!

The Nation of Islam supposedly provided Barack Obama with security. Maybe Trump should contact them, especially if Melania is upset. (lol)
        I read our President does not eat in the WH because he is afraid someone might poison him. (I wonder who!)
        In any case, he goes to Mcdonald's to get his fish sandwich and food. (Strange. Have you talked with people who have worked in fast food? That may be even more dangerous.)
        He's afraid it's about to hit him like a ton of bricks.
        I believe he took money from someone(Bannon had said it's about money laundering.)

19. dianetrotter profile image61

Rumored that Kelly won't be around long.  Now this!

McGahn Wanted to Resign Several Times  https://www.newsmax.com/politics/mcgahn … id/839818/

20. profile image0
    jonnycomelatelyposted 6 years ago

Maybe he was playing a game of Whisht, but he got trumped by an ass of spades.

21. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

Right, G.A. First, you are a superb writer; I enjoy your articles.
    Basically, I responded to the "experience" comment. I haven't seen such requirements posted by Hub Pages. Therefore, my comments don't have to please any Hubber, nor does anyone have to please me.
    Next, S. S. is from an area of the country where this particular denominationflourishes. (Michael Hucklebee is a big time supporter of this sort of evangelical movement.
    Finally, Ms. S. S., probably exposed to this in her upbringing, does not question a "man" in authority. That would explain her caution; she was raised to not question because men should always lead, according to God, in that religious perspective. That's what I meant by fear.
    She may partially believe what he did with those women before he was elected as well.
    In any case, great comment, G.A. and everyone else.

Well that was fairly explained Tim. And it did clarify what you meant by your comment, although I have to say that was not what came across when read in the context of the post.

Just a missed connection I suppose. Thanks for the kind words.

ps. my "experienced" had nothing to do with HP qualifications, or any Right to be heard, and everything to do with the "experience" - gained in forum participation, of avoiding having your comments  misconstrued. ;-)

GA

22. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

Understood. But everyone here uses one-liners, I do too. It's only misconstrued if it's not considered in its full context. That's not a matter of experience either, it's a function of willingness to understand another's perspective. (Communication theory and application.)
    Perhaps, this is why people like Trump, Obama, or whoever you name, can connect with the anger, the hurt, or the healing so well They are pretty persuasive with their messages.
    This is why things get hidden and we wind up trying to figure these guys out.
    I still see a sweet reunion between Bannon and Trump. (It still could happen.)
    Back on track.
    Thanks, Ga.

I don't know Tim.  It looks like DJT plans to fire Mueller.  I'm wondering if Mueller will expedite his interview with Bannon and get the good to shut him (DJT) down.

23. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

Someone will crack. The heat is too much right now. I'm watching the news right now.

I'm trying to cut back.  I'm going to put myself on a schedule.  I keep listening, waiting for new information.  New info comes out a sentence or two at a time.  The rest is opinion and analysis.

24. profile image49
    nick12345678posted 6 years ago

DEEZ NUTS hat goti

25. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

Ga, Dian, I'll join you guys in a toast to our country, and prayers for Ms. Sanders. You, too, Ms. Jabbers. (lol)
    We really do care about how this turns out. Our nation depends on it.

26. Randy Godwin profile image59
    Randy Godwinposted 6 years ago

No olive? Sacrilege!!!  mad

As usual, you have it bass ackwards Randy. It is adding the olive that is sacrilege. It is a pollutant - pure and simple. Sorta like adding anything to a brandy, you just don't do it.

GA ;-)

I'll bow to your expert knowledge, GA. Down in here in redneckville we put everything in our drinks. Except grits, that is....

I have been in your neck of the woods Randy, (the Southern states that is), and as I recall, there wasn't anything but the clear glow of moonlight in the jar they handed me. (or the bottle of Jack Black they slid across the table)  Like that jar, my Stolis, and neat brandy, there is just something special about unaltered flavor. smile

GA

Used to buy some wonderful moonshine made in the north Ga. mountains for $20 a gallon. Could never drink it straight though. Kept it in the freezer and chased it with ice water.   hmm

I know a lady that made beer.  I didn't taste the beer but would order yeast rolls from her.  They were very tasty.  Then I discovered, as she sat down, she was not wearing underwear, that was the end of the rolls for me.

She probably did that to keep the flies off the rolls, Diane. You should be grateful! yikes

You missed it.  I've been ROFL!

Ha, Diane! I didn't know if you'd be amused or abashed about my comment. Glad it was the former, smile

What a small world it is Randy. I never bought it buy the gallon, but I did get some quart jars from West Virginia relatives.

The "small world" part is that I too chased it with ice water! That's how my mountain relatives taught me.* Our camping cooler would have a couple quarts iced down, and always a half-dozen bottles of water to go with it. Never mixed - always chased.

*I had relatives in Catawba County West Virginia that I went on week-long bear hunting trips with in the mountains when I was younger, (much younger), and that "ice water" cooler was a staple of every camping trip.

GA

We may be "Brothers of the Moon" then, GA! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)