jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do You Think The Major Problem Confronting The Human Race Today Is Overpopulatio

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Do You Think The Major Problem Confronting The Human Race Today Is Overpopulation?

Problems Of Ecological And Depleted Resources Are Just The Side Effects?

2. profile image49
    Hemlock55posted 8 years ago

To be honest overpopulation has been a problem for some time now and if poeple want to argue that it isn't then the problem is the basic social structure of the world. The arguement is always that the resources are given the people with money but more then half the world is in poverty and have no way to get money or resources to sustain a healthy living environment. If we could spread everything to everyone then it might work but that is just a form of Marxism and everytime it's tried the people under it suffer worse then before. There is no way that without a "thinning of the heard" that this world can survive, but the bigger problem is that the people who are going to die will be the ones who don't pollute because they live in such poverty they have no gas or electric. So that now the people who still overproduce pollution will continue to destroy the world while the poeple at the bottom die off. Overpopulation is a problem but really only small problem facing the social delemas of today. The idea that so much of the world's resources are distributed over such a small percentage of the population and yet nothing is done to help really spread that around to help everyone. Is there a need for an individual to be richer then some countries? This Foundation of greed that the world is locked in is the problem that truely needs to be addressed because then possibly overpopulation wouldn't be an issue because the resources would be handed to those who need and work for it and famine and disease could be controlled.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image61
    Ralph Deedsposted 8 years ago

Overpopulation is one of several basic problems confronting the human race. Others are war, poverty, growing income gaps between countries and within countries, undemocratic governments, lack of effective international institutions to deal with world problems. Some of these issues stem from or are exacerbated by overpopulation.

4. Ohma profile image74
    Ohmaposted 8 years ago

No! I think the major problem confronting the human race today is lack of discipline and self restraint.
    Those two are at the root of all other problems including the over population issue.
    It is possible that I am just very cynical, (At least I wouldnt dicount the idea) but really if you think about it we have babies having babies, kids shooting each other, Parents teaching thier children how to steal and do drugs, etc. and they arent doing it because of over population. They are doing it because they want to and they can.

5. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

The major problem is that we have a degree of intelligence but no wisdom.  A wise race would not overpopulate without regard to how their spawn will eat, have clean air, land, water, etc.

So, yes, the "Problems Of Ecological And Depleted Resources Are Just The Side Effects..."

6. profile image47
    pauldorseyposted 7 years ago

Overpopulation is the most challenging problem facing mankind in this century!  Wars, poverty, resource depletion are direct consequences of this monumental problem!  The industrialized countries need to spend a far greater amount of money on Family Planning in the 3rd World countries!  We need to encourage abortion and advocate for one child per household, especially in China and India, to name a few!  I know this sounds harsh but needs to be done!  I worry more about the destruction of the earth's habitat and the wildlife than I do for the human race! I'd hate to lose our vital rainforests, and animals like the rhino and elephants as well as whales and polar bears!  Desperate times call for desperate measures!

working