jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Should Capital Punishement Be an Option for criminals like the one who kidnapped

1. DancingRedFeather profile image59
    DancingRedFeatherposted 8 years ago

Should Capital Punishement Be an Option for criminals like the one who kidnapped Jaycee and kept her

2. svencill profile image60
    svencillposted 8 years ago

hmmm.... I don't believe in capital punishment....

3. DonnyBoy profile image57
    DonnyBoyposted 8 years ago

I do. He didn't kill her so probably not. People get away with things way to easily.

4. DancingRedFeather profile image59
    DancingRedFeatherposted 8 years ago

I believe in capital punishement if it is proven beyond a doubt and that the person will do it again..as the guy who kidnapped Jaycee and before that had kidnapped a woman and raped her for 8 hours and by chance a cop came. He did years in prison and she wasn't warned when they let him on parole and he went to pursue her again. Now he may be responsible for killing the girls missing.

The parole officers should first put the security of the people and ask themselves this question..WOULD I WANT THIS CRIMINAL LIVING NEXT DOOR TO ME?

5. profile image0
    ThaddyBear Girlsposted 8 years ago

I feel people should always be punish for their crimes but, I don't think capital punishment should ever be an option.  I don't think we have the right ti kill anyone.

6. SheriSapp profile image61
    SheriSappposted 8 years ago

Totally and completely.  People don't like it, but the fact is that the cops DO get the right person most of the time.  If that man had served the punishment to which he was sentenced for the first rape, he wouldn't have been out to kidnap Jaycee.  Parole boards need to do a better job of determining who should be released.  Usually, you aren't going to receive a death sentence for a first offense.

7. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 8 years ago

I would be against it ,but I certainly wouldn't let him out of jail.I would give him something productive to do that's for sure.

Now if he wanted to die of his own accord by a method of his own choosing ,I wouldn't  stop him even though I personally think it's the wrong choice.

8. profile image49
    mpotter2430posted 8 years ago

I am a Christian by faith and I do believe in Capital Punishment.  One of God's rules tell us that me must obey the law of the land.  I am not going to say whether this particular person deserves the death penalty, but I will support the decision of punishment that is deemed out by our appointed people.

9. litlestarr profile image53
    litlestarrposted 6 years ago

yeah I do, I'm so sick of our courts slapping the wrists of these things that have no consciences.   Put them and us out of their misery.   They are running rampart out there.  Decent people are afraid to go out and we are not even safe in our homes. They are out of control.  There is no deterrent.  We need to punish lawbreakers not say tsk tsk and set them loose.

working