Do you feel that the poverty lines should be increased?

1. FloMyWay profile image54
    FloMyWayposted 8 years ago

Do you feel that the poverty lines should be increased?

With the situation of the economy and so many people needing assistance and because so many people are not eligible for assistance of the poverty lines do you feel congress & the President should consider this.

2. Dark knight rides profile image71
    Dark knight ridesposted 8 years ago

No, for exactly the reason's you mention. Bear in mind that the more people who are losing jobs, the less tax money there is for benefits to be paid with. It is better to limit the people who file for benefits to those who really need it due to a lack of employment. The rest of us need to finally learn we can't just keep buying bigger and more. We need to learn to adjust our expectations. And most people could get by on what they make if it weren't for the debt they carry. So, some hard decisions need to be made about how to get rid of that debt.
    American's have gotten the idea that we deserve things like Xbox's and flat screen TV's, new cars and expensive clothes. What we deserve is to put food on the table and clothes on our backs and a roof over our heads. Everything else we can do without. Try it.

3. Adoil profile image58
    Adoilposted 7 years ago

As more and more "common" people lose thier jobs because of  technology and science and not to leave out, the king pin behind the main reason why the "poor" are increasing in number, is the "NWO!"
    Yes, the President as well as Congress should do something, this is America and Govt  was established to look out at our welfare, civil liberties...

P.S. -"I was homeless at one time and strange as it might sound, I had more peace and joy while homeless than I have being off the streets".

working