jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are you hopeful about the future?

1. wannabwestern profile image93
    wannabwesternposted 8 years ago

Are you hopeful about the future?

2. wannabwestern profile image93
    wannabwesternposted 8 years ago

I am hopeful for the future of my world, my country, and my family. Hope isn't just for religious zealots or Polyannas. We need hope to drive creative solutions to our problems and to envision a better, brighter, more peaceful world. When we have hope, we tend to focus more on creating solutions than on being mired in our problems. To my mind this isn't positive thinking mumbo jumbo, but a necessary element within a healthy and democratic society. Do you dare to be hopeful?

3. chontella profile image53
    chontellaposted 8 years ago

I am indeed hopeful about the future; not just for me but for everyone! Hope gives me motivation to live and to be fruitful. I want to be of maximum service to the Lord and His people.

There are so many terrible things going on in this world, it's easy for us to lose hope sometimes, but I believe that if we live our best lives, serve God and be of service to other people, you can't help but run into hope and wherever there is hope, you will find vision. Where there is vision we can build a better place to live and we can focus on more positivity.

When I lived a life of hopelessness, I did all kinds of negative things to hurt myself and others, because I felt that I had nothing to live for; therefore, I had nothing to lose. I was addicted to drugs, alcohol, pleasure and money. And guess what- I could never keep any of it long enough to enjoy life. I had  no peace, no happiness and no vision. The bible says that where there is no vision, the people will perish. I had to come out from that miserable existence in order to feel any real sense of hope in my life. I had to ask the Lord for help and guidance and He came to my rescue. I believe that I would have died if I had not asked Him when I did.

The Lord gave me hope because I had faith and when you have faith and hope you have a future. When you have a future, you want others to have what you have. You can't help but pass it on and then hope becomes contagious..........

4. thesecondadvent profile image58
    thesecondadventposted 8 years ago

My Dear Sweet Friend,
    For a certainty we art most hopeful about the future.  We see the Kingdom of Love/God being established upon all the Earth.  This is quite a joyful time for all the Earth, even though hardly any seest it.

Closed to reply

working