jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you want peace with security by war or peace with negotiation without securit

1. H P Roychoudhury profile image49
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

Do you want peace with security by war or peace with negotiation without security and without war?

2. Ozibuna profile image56
    Ozibunaposted 8 years ago

None of the above. I want money to be invested more into economy and raising businesses and the only investment in protection would be against natural disasters and loitering.

3. Philip Bradbury profile image58
    Philip Bradburyposted 8 years ago

Neither is possible. War is never security, only peace is. End of story.

4. reikial profile image61
    reikialposted 8 years ago

This is an interesting question indeed. Maybe security needs to be considered as a separate issue. Perhaps security is a personal individual goal achieved by inner growth both emotional spiritual and moral. Whether we have war or peace is a function of how we are growing collectively. For instance, if we all knew and believed that having a different colour didn't make people a threat and that if we felt secure enough in ourselves to be accepting of other ideas, religions and philosophies, then war would become almost obsolete.

If we develop security within ourselves we would find it easier to be content with what we have rather than be overwhelmed by the wanting disease; we would not feel the need to own and control all the available resources - we might even share them out more equally.

Hate and fear are close cousins, in our current state of inner uncertainty we seem to have a need to hate someone even if it is only someone who supports a team with a different coloured shirt or who comes from a different part of the City or even neighbourhood.

The real question for me is: how can we encourage, develop, or nurture inner security within me, you and all our neighbours and friends so that we can relax, share, accept and love in peace?

5. Hi-Jinks profile image60
    Hi-Jinksposted 8 years ago

Nothing is that simple. All shades of gray.

working