Why would a military psychiatist shoot all those people at Fort Hood?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)
  1. NGRIA Bassett profile image59
    NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years ago

Why would a military psychiatist shoot all those people at Fort Hood?

Why would someone commit mass murder?

2. Universal Laws profile image67
    Universal Lawsposted 14 years ago

There are a lot of possibilities here which may or may not become clear in the news.  One good thing to do is watch very carefully the first reports that came out on the news today because much of it may be blocked later on!

I have just seen a news video on Yahoo which said he was definately dead, this has even now been retracted.  There are reports out there right now which have come directly from family members.  To know some of what has gone on make sure you read everything today - a lot of it maybe gone tomorrow.

There could be a very powerful political/military agenda here which is hidden at the moment much like our Dr. Kelly in the UK and the 9/11 cover up.  In both those cases much of the clearer information was available on the day as the news came through.  Mistakes are made in the early hours when not everything is under their control and random things happen.  Later they are quickly obliterated.  Mistakes on 9/11 were made when in UK the announcement was made that building 7 had gone down when in the background live you could still see it standing totally in tact!  On the Dr Kelly death, I remember reading that he was found with a strange device still attached to him , this was later removed from all reports and never seen again!

What ever is going on in the military bases in the US and UK at the moment, includes much covert action, mind control and various other corrupt practices.  Be aware very aware and catch all the information you can early and then wait and see what unfolds and what other actions might now be brought in quickly because of this event.

3. Mr. Happy profile image69
    Mr. Happyposted 14 years ago

To be perfectly honest if I were in his situation (must consider his overall outlook on life, his beliefs, his morals, etc) I probably would have done almost the same thing. Instead of going on a useless, aimless rampage though, I would have selectively (as much as possible) shot those of higher ranks such as generals or commanders for example. Those maggots who sit behind the desk and send young Americans to die for no reason in foreign countries. I have no respect for the way armies operate in our days. If generals were like Napoleon, on the battle-field, risking their lives it would be different but that does not happen. The young soldiers are cannon-fodder used by those in high ranks - it is plainly disgusting. Innocent soldiers should not have to die for no reason as they do.

4. someonewhoknows profile image71
    someonewhoknowsposted 14 years ago

All I know is what I hear  in the news.The news reports say he was being treated as an outsider by the military personel he encountered.I'm not sure what that means,but it had something to do with his ethnic backround,which believes in the muslim religion.Unfortunatey he thought the military personel he encountered as hating all muslims and he was being sent to the front lines as a muslim who is sourounded by those he saw as his enemy apparently at the time of the attack.I've heard reports by military personel in the field online that they were told to fire on anyone,be they military or civilians that just happen to be in the area where they were being fired upon.It seems innocent civilians can be see as ligitimite targets as well as obvious military personel,so it's each man ,woman ,and child for themselves.An all out assault,which can be construed by some as genocide.I understand the juxtiposition this puts not only our military,but the innocent civilians on the otherside.

5. Nan Mynatt profile image59
    Nan Mynattposted 14 years ago

I think that he should have been through a battery of tests to see what his true beliefs were.  Some where it would have come out that he hated Americans.  We are at war with the Muslims, and he should not have been sent to the countries that we made war.  After 911 we should have been more careful, in who we let into the millitary. If we were in a foreign country we would not want to kill other Americans.  We were too liberal with the policy, and hopefully they will change the format.  We can't change all people, and we have not learned that as of yet.  I am sorry that men and women  were killed and for their families. They need our prays.

6. NGRIA Bassett profile image59
    NGRIA Bassettposted 14 years ago

I agree that all military personnel must complete a battery of psychological testings even lie detectors. Many will say that they will not have a difficulty carrying out their tasks , but feelings and attitudes may change at anytime afterwards.
    If this Psychiatrist had a problem with the US army killing Muslims overseas, he did not appear to have any difficulties dispensing those bullets to his fellow US army servicemen and women.
    The other area of concern to me is this man's personal mental health.
    As a mental health worker myself, I am fully aware and sensitive to the trauma that is exerted on the carer just seein and hearing of the tragedy of our clients/ patients.
    A mind is a terrible thing to waste but is very easy for thoughts to highjack the mind beyond reality.
    Peace and healing to the wounded, and the bereaved. The family of the psychiatist as well have my prayers.

7. Caterino profile image61
    Caterinoposted 14 years ago

Someone wouldn't but that man was simply a terrorist, more and more info released in the news everyday.  it is in his heart to kill Americans.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)