jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Do you believe that death-penalty should be abolished worldwide?

1. Beata Stasak profile image84
    Beata Stasakposted 8 years ago

Do you believe that death-penalty should be abolished worldwide?

There are convicted murderers and rapists who are guilty of horific crimes and unlikely to change their behaviour, however reading recently about unsuccessful death penalty procedure taking two hours before aborting the effort, we have to ask ourselves: " Are we allowed to do that to other human being, convicted or not?"

2. profile image48
    Cookie25posted 8 years ago

There's also the issue that executing (a.k.a. killing) someone because they murdered (a.k.a. killed) someone seems contraintuitive (a.k.a. doesn't make sense). Who would execute the executionor, and then, who would execute that executionor? And so on and so on . . .

1. Jay C OBrien profile image73
      Jay C OBrienposted 2 years agoin reply to this

In the end we are all individuals, not governments or groups.  We must choose for ourselves whether we should kill another human being.  I say take the Peace Testimony, "Renounce War and fighting for any reason or under any pretense whatsoever."

3. carolina muscle profile image75
    carolina muscleposted 8 years ago

The death penalty should be abolished..  no justice system in the world is capable of being correct 100% of the time- especially in matters of life and death, and even one incorrectable error invalidates the practice.

4. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 7 years ago

In some situations I have to be honest I don't care what they do to demons masquerading as humans however if society is not to be looked on like the demons in our society then we need to come up with a system that is more humane.

Just for the record as I keep hearing this argument made about if you're Christian how can you be for the death penalty?  First of all God is not Santa Claus, God has been dealing with death since Adam & Eve-remember this "For In The Day That You Eat of It You Will SURELY DIE!"  We celebrate the Passover because God protected believers from death over non-believers.  God allowed Moses' people to cross the Red Sea while killing all of pharaoh's soldiers that tried to cross, God said,"There is a time pointed for men to die."  God has been dealing in death longer then any human has been alive.

5. Jason R. Manning profile image85
    Jason R. Manningposted 7 years ago

If we were to abolish the death penalty world wide, what exactly would that say to murderers?  In my humble opinion, letting murderers live is a travesty.  It takes sophmoric idealist to limit themselves on understanding concepts of walking evil.  If we had caught Hitler before he cowardly swallowed that cyanide pill, should we have kept him locked up, eating three sqaure meals a day, exercise in the yard, access to books and human interaction?  Hitler was placed in prison when he was a corporal after WWI, IT WAS IN PRISON WHERE HITLER WROTE MEIN KAMPF…we do not execute enough murderers.

6. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
    Shahid Bukhariposted 7 years ago

Why not talk about Eradicating Crime ... worldwide ?

7. Dylan Marshall profile image57
    Dylan Marshallposted 7 years ago

My only issue with the death pentalty is "are we sure that we are right?"  Once we execute one innocent person, then we are guilty of murder.  In my opinion, you most be certain that you are 100% correct. If there is even the slightest possibility that the convict is innocent, then you cannot execute them.

8. Doc Snow profile image95
    Doc Snowposted 7 years ago

In my opinion, we should not execute criminals.  I'm not so concerned with the criminal's suffering--usually it's much less than what they have inflicted on their victim(s)--but rather with what I believe to be the degrading effects upon society of doing so.

We don't need to create--or sustain--a 'death industry,' and I believe we'll be much healthier as a society if we don't.

working