jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why do people want to smoke pot?...because they are bored.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image79
    Mikel G Robertsposted 8 years ago

Why do people want to smoke pot?...because they are bored.

drugs in general are a hot item only becuase the laws make them a big money maker. If they were free people would care about them much less...

2. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 8 years ago

I do not smoke pot because I am bored (that is one of the worst reasons I have ever heard by the way) ... I do agree though that if drugs were free people would care less about them. The best example is the Netherlands.: marijuana, hash, mushrooms are all legal. To my surprise (when I was there) I found out that a lot of teenagers (or younger people in general) who live there abstain from the use of drugs. Since the drugs are easily available people just don't seem to care for them.

3. Leon O. profile image57
    Leon O.posted 8 years ago

I would have to say for the same reason people drink; to calm, relax or chill oneself out. To have an enjoyable mild high.  To chill out or relax oneself from some of life's stresses. The difference with drinking or toking is that one can get far more wrecked on alcohol, whereas pot would just make you fall asleep.

4. mthurston profile image75
    mthurstonposted 8 years ago

I know personally, that pot can help balance people out.  I used to get frustrated when people were ignorant, impolite, or just plain stupid.  However, when i smoke regularly, I am much more open to other's views, I am less cynical, and I don't yell at people who are too stupid to know any better.

We've all heard that ignorance is bliss, and I've always kind of envied less intelligent people for that fact.  I don't want to come off as a douchebag, but pot isn't just for burnouts and dropouts.  Being mellow doesn't shut my brain off, but it turns it down just enough so that I can keep my extremely argumentative nature in check....That might come in handy in law school, but nobody wants to hear why the world is going to hell 24-hours a day.  I wouldn't have any friends left.

5. xiao_kang profile image57
    xiao_kangposted 8 years ago

Pot keeps me mellow, focused, entertained...I have friends that drink all day long and stumble around the house, wake up the next morning pissed off at the world looking like sh!t. Smoking pot relaxes me, I get a good nights sleep and I feel great the next day. I smoke pot because it's not as harmful as drinking or other serious drugs.

6. profile image44
    Georgieboyposted 8 years ago

Hey guys, I'm not a smoker myself, so i don't know where you're coming from. But a relative of mine was going through some hard times recently and it felt like I had to help him somehow. Anyway, I found this guy's site that seemed pretty unique. His story was similar to what my cousin was going through, so I had him check it out. Maybe it could help some of you guys out there. Here is the website.