jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Does anyone really know why America is in Afghanistan and what do we hope to ach

1. ixwa profile image84
    ixwaposted 8 years ago

Does anyone really know why America is in Afghanistan and what do we hope to achieve warring there?

2. ixwa profile image84
    ixwaposted 8 years ago

Were you unable to finnish your thought and answer?

3. profile image0
    Jawa Lunkposted 8 years ago

Uhh, they are there because of the inhumane treatment the people were receiving from their devil leader.

We are still there because there is no true form of an operating government yet.

If we left them now, it would only be a matter of months before another dictator rose from among the warring tribes.

Whether the US is there or not...hate to break it to you but the warring would continue.

It was going on long before we got there, and will continue if we don't stay until a stabalized form of government can rule.

4. mintinfo profile image73
    mintinfoposted 8 years ago

America is in Afganistan to stomp out so-called terrorism perpetuated by organizations that are a threat to the NWO of capitalism. America is the Sheriff of the organization and nobody steps on the Sheriff's shoes.

5. profile image0
    akycrawlerposted 8 years ago

The middle east has been at war for centuries. One way or another.
    Its all about politics once again. Do we really think we can change the way the governments operate? No of course not. Does our government try to sell it to the people of the United States that we can. Of course.
    The world is basically in a huge recession and the US in particular is in big trouble.
    I mean really, why not keep printing money?Its free right? Just think if the billions we spend on the war were filtered into our economy.
    At this rate we wont have a country left to worry about defending from terrorists.

6. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 8 years ago

Because that was supposedly where Bin Laden was hiding after 9/11, it had nothing to do with the freedom of the Afghan's at first, now it seem to be. The US wasted a lot of time in Iraq instead of going after the true masterminds of 9/11.

7. Smkmdb11 profile image54
    Smkmdb11posted 8 years ago

Al Qeada probably has nothing to do with it. The problem is that there are people that are determined to prove that the Government planned 9/11. If you believe that, than of course there is no reason to be in Afghanistan. Even though they have attacked the WTC before, and clearly took credit for the attacks of Sept. 11. Al Qeada was also in Iraq. Maybe that has something to do with that war. I agree with the war in itself. However, when we went, we were going to destroy a enemy. We should have sent enough forces to do that, destroy the enemy, and come home. Instead, we have dragged this war out for years. Now Obama is sending 35,000 troops and pulling them out again in 18 months. I'm not sure if there is a purpose. If we left now, or if we leave in 20 years, the people of Afghanistan and Iraq are not learning to function on their own, their learning to depend on the U.S military and allies to protect them. Leaving now would not cause any more harm than leaving in 20 years would.

8. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 8 years ago

" I have no doubt that peace will one day come to Afghanistan, but i can't say if it will be in 50 years or 200 years" an American expert on Afghanistan said last week at a conference at Tufts University.
    Obama wants to begin a U.S. pullout by July 2011. When the Americans go, Pakistan and India will fight over influence in Kabul. Pakistan will back up the Taliban. Taliban commanders think already they are winning. Their influence across Afghanistan widens every day especially by the last week's announcement that the 2,000 strong Dutch contingent will be departing this year.

If America is in Afghanistan or not at this point does not make big difference. What America wanted to achieve, I hope 'peace in the region' but maybe I am just too idealistic.