jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Does anyone on HubPages really make money? It really doesn't seem possible?

1. Donna Thomas profile image75
    Donna Thomasposted 6 years ago

Does anyone on HubPages really make money? It really doesn't seem possible?

I don't think anyone really makes any kind of real money on here,  I only wrote a few articles to test the waters, but they are very high profile type articles that I have access to the subject matter, and what did I make? 3 cents? I don't think I'm going to invest any real time with this. It's a nice concept, but the articles don't go anywhere, past a person's own self promotion. When anyone answers the question, as to how they make on here, the answers are vauge and cryptic. If there really wage earners on here, the names would be everywhere. JMO anyway?!

2. asha80 profile image56
    asha80posted 6 years ago

Apparently some people do but they have around 60 articles posted ... and by articles ... I mean pieces on gadgets/items that are specifically written to sell a certain product. Even then, I have tried this approach and have only made 5 cents. Waste of time!

3. Dumbledore profile image89
    Dumbledoreposted 6 years ago

That depends on what you mean by make money.  The affiliate programs will help generate revenue but people must read the author's hubs to generate that revenue.

When I first started writing on HubPages, I published a hub the generated over 1500 hits a day and I received a fair pay out for about three months.  That hub, however lost popularity after half a year and I have since been trying to recapture whatever caused the popularity.

From what I have garnered, you can make money on HubPages but you need to write plenty of hubs that people actually read. 

Look at some of the hubbers who have published over a thousand hubs.  My guess is that they make money.

4. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Okay. You're just being a touch hyper-critically of the website. Many people make money here, some are big-winners, making around $1200 a month. But I'm not, I scraped $5 last month and I intended to hit $10 this month, why? Because I work hard to make sure my Hubs are looked at and wait.

Most people will tell you it's not an easy way to make money, you NEED to invest time, at least a year, before you start hitting $50. You also need to make hubs which  are viewed on a daily bases. Check Google Adwords for help!

5. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

Look at this way. Hubpages team is about 25 people. Hubpages company as a whole made roughly about $10 M last year. Their only revenue earning option is by getting a share from the revenue of the HubPage members.

On a very rough basis we can assume the whole HubPages community would have generated about $ 25 M. On this $ 10 M went to Hubpages and about $ 15 M to the hubpages members. My rough assumption is, of this probably $12 M  would have been earned by the top 100 hubbers and the balance shared by the rest. Roughly there are about 200-230 thousand  Hubpage members.

Statistics apart, I can assure you HP works. To understand and get benefited from this you need to be patient, patient and patient. And hard working. Period.

6. TravelinAsia profile image76
    TravelinAsiaposted 5 years ago

It is possible to earn a decent amount of money for the time you invest in writing at hubpages, however you have to work hard at it, and it does take a lot of time. I have heard people toss around numnbers like "60 articles", I would say more like 600 articles. I think if you wrote two articles per day for a year, and they were well written, informative, with a little though put into topics that will generate interest, then you will start earning a reasonable wage .. but don't start today and expect to get a paycheck at the end of the month.