If Ancient Civilization Started In Egypt, Can Descendants Of Ancient Egypt Feel

1. ngureco profile image84
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

If Ancient Civilization Started In Egypt, Can Descendants Of Ancient Egypt Feel To Have Been Cheated

Along The Way As People Moved To Modern Civilization?

2. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

Ancient civilization didn't start in Egypt.  The one best known was in Sumer (where Iraq is now), before Egypt.  It's been awhile since I studied it, but possibly contemporary with Sumer or even older was Indus in India.

Just because someone was "first" doesn't mean they will last.  Egyptians, Arabs, Persians, Indians, all stagnated.  So, they were not cheated, they themselves failed.

BTW.  The U.S. will soon follow in their failure.

BTW2.  Look up the Sitchin book mentioned in my profile page.  That and several others make for great reading about the old Egyptian and other civilizations.

3. Christopher Floyd profile image60
    Christopher Floydposted 7 years ago

Civilization started a little further east in Mesopotamia. To answer your question, no they shouldn't feel cheated.
    I'm not sure there are any more of them. Egypt has Egyptians, sure. But descendants of ancient Egypt have been diluted by Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Ottomans, and then Mameluk warlords after the fall of the Ottoman Empire, not to mention the intermingling that comes from having an empire with a solid foundation in millenniums of trade.
    Now, as a matter of national dignity, certainly not. Since their women effectively ousted the British empire and their Bedouins tore Napoleon's army apart before that, I'm gonna say they can hold their heads high.

working