Please explain to me how/why ANYONE can feel that terrorists deserve the rights

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. SheriSapp profile image59
    SheriSappposted 14 years ago

Please explain to me how/why ANYONE can feel that terrorists deserve the rights of citizens?

2. breakfastpop profile image65
    breakfastpopposted 14 years ago

Dear Sheri,

I can't possibly explain this to you because I am vehemently opposed to allowing terrorists to receive the benefits of American citizens. President Obama and Eric Holder are on a wavelength that defies common sense and frankly, betrays the American people.

3. someonewhoknows profile image73
    someonewhoknowsposted 14 years ago

From your statement ,I gather that they are already guilty in your mind.I would hate to have you on a jury if I was on trial for something I was accused of doing,especially if,I was innocent.

A citizen of the federal government?
    I'm not a citizen of the federal government or the district of Columbia,same thing.
    I'm a citizen of the state in which I was born,or moved to after I was born.

As for the accused terrorists, I suppose they were given citizenship by the government! Go figure!

4. daughterson profile image72
    daughtersonposted 14 years ago

It is a matter of law.  In this case it seems it has worked out very well.

5. lovelypaper profile image58
    lovelypaperposted 14 years ago

I agree with you wholeheartedly, breakfastpop. They are terrorist who want to kill us. Blow us up! This is war, like I said before in another question/answer, this is war, not a bank robbery. Wake up Obama! You're going to get us all killed!

6. MagicStarER profile image72
    MagicStarERposted 14 years ago

There are several good reasons for "terrorists" or anyone else accused of breaking the law to share the same legal rights as everyone else.

1.  Who determines what a "terrorist" is?  Lately, DHS has stated that "those who defend the US Constitution", those who are "expecting the Second Coming of Jesus", and anti-abortionists are all terrorists.  These people are all AMERICANS and have been designated as being terrorists.  Don't you think Americans should receive their constitutional rights?

2.  The Constitution specifies that all who are accused of a crime in the USA enjoy these legal rights.

3.  By opening the floodgates of torture, denial of Habeas Corpus, refusal to allow legal representation, we are also opening the floodgates for the same to be done to ALL Americans.  We MUST insist that the government adhere strictly to the RULE OF LAW and to the CONSTITUTION, because it is what prevents our government from enacting tyranny on all of us, and protects us ALL.

7. commisioner profile image61
    commisionerposted 14 years ago

this is an incomplete question. you seem to say that all terrorists are foreigners. actually some are citizens. those who are citizens of the U.S. DO DESERVE THE RIGHTS OF ALL CITIZENS. but the ones who are not citizens are indeed the ones who do not deserve these rights. when they come here and kill thousands of americans, they are enemy combatants and need to be put in front of military tribunals. we cannot grant them the rights of an american, they will use it against us.
    as far as the torture they supposedly receive, i know many men who served and still serve at "gitmo". even there they have the right of attorney client privileges. they use their attorneys to pass notes to each other and have successfully killed some of our men in uniform with that RIGHT. the torture they get is less harmful than the training they get as gihadist. the men i talk to who understand their language have overheard them talk about how great the prison is. they get more benefits from us than they did at home. they have a better life than they did before they were captured. better food and more comfortable lives than they did under their own leaders.
    also look at their lifespan. if they were not caught, they would be dead. how long can a suicide bomber live in the outside world?? face it, we don't hurt them half as much as they want to hurt us. they do not deserve the rights we as citizens have. they don't want us to have those rights. they want us dead, period.

8. TheWatchman profile image81
    TheWatchmanposted 14 years ago

one mans terrorist is another mans revolutionary, it all comes down to which side of the fence your sitting on.

if you ask me, no matter who you are, terrorist, military, criminal or police, if you hurt innocent people intentionally you need to be punished for your actions.

9. Springboard profile image83
    Springboardposted 14 years ago

The Obama administration is hell bent on classifying this 'war on terror' as something entirely different. Therefore it makes perfect sense to me that they would put them through the same criminal justice system that we would face if we were to commit a crime.

It's nuts. These are definitely enemy combatants. Declared or not we are definitely at war with these individuals. They do not belong in our criminal courts.

But none of this surprising considering how left Obama and his cronies are, and how out of touch with reality they seem to be as well when it comes to issues of national security.

10. John for truth profile image61
    John for truthposted 14 years ago

Terrorism is NOT what they want us/you to believe. They stage things and we believe what they say.

The media is telling you/us lies. Don't believe what you see on TV.

Are there terrorists? Sure there are, but this agenda is staged by our government to create FEAR. This fear allows them to control us and remove our rights as human beings and United States citizens.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)