jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you deal with a close minded person?

1. hunter sakura profile image67
    hunter sakuraposted 8 years ago

How do you deal with a close minded person?

2. pisean282311 profile image60
    pisean282311posted 8 years ago

only way to deal with close minded people is not discuss issues for which they are close minded..for any discussion , one must be having a room to atleast give a thought to other's perceptive..if that is missing , one cannot discuss...it is simply waste of time..dont enter into argument with close minded people because that would end up making them more convinced about their convictions...

3. profile image53
    SpaceAgeposted 8 years ago

i'm sure there's really no ex way. i'd move on & not argue w/ them. leave them behind in yer dust. i'd known of those ppl & it just doesn't pay 2 convince them

4. Springboard profile image81
    Springboardposted 8 years ago

Dealing with closed-minded people, or I should say, trying to have an open debate with anyone closed minded, is simply a task that cannot be accomplished. Religion is an example of closed-mindedness. So is atheism. You can talk until you are blue in the face to a Christian to try and convince them of other explanations beyond the Bible, and they are as good as a child with their fingers in their ears chanting "na, na, na, na." Same goes for the atheist. Neither will hear the other's argument nor take any possibilities beyond what they believe to be true as an alternative.

Politics is this way as well. In many ways there are many scientists this way as well.

I say, it's not important to try and "deal" with a closed-minded person. It is better to simply be happy and feel relieved if you happen to be an open-minded person. It is a liberating gift.

Keep it in mind that the key to discovery is asking questions. If no one ever did the world would still be flat and the moon would still be made of cheese.