jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are the folks at Catholic Answers forums so closed-minded when anyone critiq

1. profile image51
    jsm951801posted 4 years ago

Why are the folks at Catholic Answers forums so closed-minded when anyone critiques Pope Francis?

Pope Francis is a human being. He is not God and therefore the Pope is not infallible, yet modern Catholic apologists treat him as if every word or action flowing from his mouth is beyond question.

2. Paradise7 profile image84
    Paradise7posted 4 years ago

He's a great man, but just a man.  I think most modern Catholics realize that.  They don't worship him, they just adore his way of being.  It's two different things and it's ok.  There's a lot to admire in his life and works.

3. electronician profile image83
    electronicianposted 4 years ago

You say he is not infallible, but if you believe that then you are not a Catholic. The infallibility of the pope is part of the Catholic religion - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility. Yes its a stupid thing to believe, but that's religion for you. If you want to be part of a religion you have to believe stupid things.

4. TwerkZerker profile image90
    TwerkZerkerposted 4 years ago

This is actually one of the ways in which I'm somewhat skeptical of the Catholic church's doctrine.

I have no doubts that Pope Francis is a very kind, wise, and Godly man, but he's just that: a man. God's Word says "For all have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God" (Romans 3:23), and that includes Pope Francis.

Only one man was born without sin, and that man was Jesus Christ. Pope Francis may be the leader-figure of the Catholic church, but he has every bit the same capacity for fallibility and sin as the rest of us.

5. cjhunsinger profile image74
    cjhunsingerposted 3 years ago

It is a commitment to cause and it does not matter what that cause may be, how wrong or right, reasonable or unreasonable. As the democratic or republican will refuse any criticism of their candidate and too the car buyer who brings his new car home will not appreciate any thought that he could have received a better deal or the car is inferior. Commitment to cause is not an indicator of intelligence.  In other words, in human terms, the Pope, the President or a new used car inspire the same loyalties.

working