have you ever been to China ? how much do you know about China ?

1. renfen88 profile image54
    renfen88posted 7 years ago

have you ever been to China ? how much do you know about China ?

expect for your answer . i am a chinese college student .

2. profile image46
    grcraigposted 7 years ago

i have been to china about 4 times a couple to beijing then east to dalien and south of there. also to canton via the pearl river from hong kong on another trip in the 70s

then another trip west to dali, walking tiger leaping gorge alone where a large mongolian place both his hands over my breast and smiled gleefully in between rowing me across the bubbling yellow river on a round rubber tyre to continue my long trek.i stayed with a struggling tibetan couple in a hut who mostly ate only the fresh beans they grew in the garden and walked their donky 50 kms to buy basic supplies returning the same day!

yongsho was a favorite of mine on the river li in the 90s

ill visit china again, would luv to meet the minority tribes in the central south.

the chinese people have suffered dreadfully especially during the big march where they sometimes ate only grass or their leather belts while the leaders dined like kings as usual

auntie gill

3. Torch Harrison profile image84
    Torch Harrisonposted 7 years ago

I have never been to China...but I have a friend who is Chinese and from Shandong Province.  He teaches Chinese Art here in America and has stated he came from a fairly poor farming family in that region...they sacrificed a lot to educate him and send him to the U.S., where they had relatives.  His wife, Meifen, is an outstanding cook and they have always been very gracious hosts to me and my family when we've visited their college town.

From the various documentaries and news reports I've seen about China, it is a very divided country with western cities and very undeveloped rural regions where life is about the same it was 100 years ago.  I know the Chinese were among the first to have a written language and a formal system of philosophy.  That's about all I know.