What can you say about China being so aggressive on their territorial claims?

1. dailytop10 profile image92
    dailytop10posted 3 years ago

What can you say about China being so aggressive on their territorial claims?

Should the UN step in? What do you think is the right solution for this worsening problem?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8958039_f260.jpg

2. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 3 years ago

Is there any nation in the world today that has not upset others with their territorial claims?  Don't think for a moment that the United States of America hasn't.   Turn the clock back and you'll find the USA - even before it became fully established as the USA - was pushing the Mexicans out of of California and New Mexico, the Canadians up a few degrees of latitude, and, after World War it's victorious war over the Spanish, grabbing the Phillipines.

The USA also made sure that it had control of many strategically placed island, such as Wake, Midway and others which it hold to this day.  Then there is their foothold in Cuba.   Gauntamino Bay is not in the United States but try telling the Yank military that!

Of course, the Yanks got off to a late start.  When I was a kid 'good old blighty'  (Great Britain) had an emplire on which the sun never set.

I'm not condoning China for any expansionistic ambitions. We know how they just marched into Tibet and claimed it as their own.   But don't get the idea China is any more beligerent than many other nations.  Take a look at what's going on around the Black Sea at this very time.

Sure it would be good if the United Nations could really do anything regarding the ambitions of the major powers.  It can't.  Because it is an 'organization of nations' in a time in history when national boundaries should be redundant.

3. Lowdown0 profile image83
    Lowdown0posted 3 years ago

I would say they don't have a 2 million man army for show, they have plans that we shouldn't be ignorant of. Too bad they practically are buying up the entire West from us in the US. Not a good sign for the future, China has aspirations...

working