Article about China

Jump to Last Post 1-21 of 21 discussions (37 posts)
  1. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60
    JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years ago

I have written already  some fifty hubs in the hub pages. Most of the hubs are viewed well but this hub has a extremeley low traffic. Can you point out why? I am open to strong but constructive criticism.
      China can break instead of its tremendous growth
    http://hubpages.com/hub/China-chinese-e … tics-break
      Thanks,
        Jyoti Kothari

1. KutWrite profile image60
      KutWriteposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Dear Mr Kothari:

Please understand:

1. I am brand new to Hub, but very experienced in general writing.
      2. I say the below with respect and the spirit of constructive criticism. Please do not be offended.

I just read your "China can Break" Hub.  Here are my comments:

It is a bit hard to read.  It appears you are not a native English speaker, at least not colloquial American English.  There are misspellings and grammar errors.  It's not a crime - I can't speak your language.  However, this makes one's mind start to wander. 

An example: It is hard to know what you mean by a country "breaking."  That's not a normal concept to us US readers.  Perhaps you could explain that at the beginning, or change the title.

There are apparent factual errors, and very debatable opinion points put forth as fact.  This also breaks the flow.  Breaking the flow, esp. on the internet, makes one's mouse finger twitch.

Examples of factual errors include your claims about Chinese life.  It's been a long time since I've been there, but I daily correspond with Chinese people here and in China.  They are common folk, as am I.  None of them complain about being kept inside a village, not partaking in some amount of wealth, etc.  To the contrary, they tell me that China is becoming more free every day.

Also, there is some question as to whether the Dalai Lama is really someone to hold in esteem.  He "exiled" himself, but left his worshipers behind to deal with Chinese pressures. He gets prizes, goes to parties, signs book deals and does spots on TV talk shows. He throws verbal rocks at China, while his countrymen must reap the results.  To me, that's not a hero.  He does have a great smile, though. 

OK, just pointing out that there are questions there.  His "holiness" isn't a given. If you assert it, I'd suggest supporting that point of view, even briefly.

To me, "Holy Man" is an oxymoron anyway, but I digress...

Some of your criticisms of China also apply to the US, and I'm sure, India:  Elites scraping the 'cream' off the top, getting away with crimes, etc.  So, some of your points come out as weak political barbs, nothing more. 

A reader might ask:  "Everyone has an opinion, why should we spend time reading yours?"   Hopefully, your Hub should continually build toward, or at least hint at, an answer.  What points, facts, surprises or new ideas might "hook" the reader into going beyond the title?

Again, please remember, I'm critiquing your Hub from MY point of view, not saying anything about you or your country.

I hope some of this has helped.

OK... I have yet to write my first Hub.  We'll see how it's received!

KutWrite

JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Dear KutWrite,
        Thanks for your critical comments. I have read all your advices and trying to understand the problem. This criticism will help me lot.
        Thanks again,

Jyoti Kothari

2. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

I believe it is the topic as it doesn't make sense, It should  say something like China's growth will it tumble and fall? etc. I believe that is why it isn't getting much traffic. The article itself is interesting. smile

3. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

Should I change its name? Will it be fruitful?
    Jyoti Kothari

No answer yet. I am waiting for an answer.

Jyoti Kothari

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, come on, snap to it. He is waiting for an answer...............

Mark, You are a senior member of the forum. Why have you left the question? You answer will certainly help me and other fellow hubbers.
          Waiting for an answer,
          Jyoti Kothari

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

Mark, You are a senior member of the forum. Why have you left the question? You answer will certainly help me and other fellow hubbers.
          Waiting for an answer,
          Jyoti Kothari

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
            Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It all depends on how you ask the question. No one is obliged to do anything or answer your question.

In this case, a little politeness would go a long way. smile

I know nothing of your hub and nothing of an appropriate title.

Do some research.

And no one is senior to anyone here.

4. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

Mark,
    I have got a suggestion to change the name of the hub. I asked that whether I should change it or not. We all hubbers think you senior with more than 5000 posts in the forum and that encourages all the hubbers to expect an answer from you.
    I also suggest many times if I know some thing.
    I have done research but can not come to conculsion why this hub only does not attract traffic. It is not that other hubs do not atract traffic. I have asked this question because I wanted to know the reason to enhance my knowledge.

I do not think that I have disregarded any one here. If you think so you can guide me in this regard too. I have clearly mentioned that I am open to strong criticism.
    Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

5. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

"We all hubbers think you senior with more than 5000 posts in the forum and that encourages all the hubbers to expect an answer from you." This sounds like it should be a paid position to me. Get on it - every single hub Peter.

6. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

The comment was for Mark. It is an honor to him. Every body knows that we do not get paid for posting in the forum. If one writes hubs instead of forum, it will be financially benificial for him or her. However, we participate in forums.
    We have a great respect to Mark who has posted more than 5000 and thus the expectation is. I am unavle to know what worries you?
       Jyoti Kothari

1. profile image55
      Indian ladyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am a new one. Why the seniors quarreling?

7. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

I don't think anybody is quarrelling. .......... Jyotii Kothari ... don't place HIGH expectations of success on yourself ... please remember ....traffic will only happen if people LIKE the topic of our Hubs. What we write about will be a hit or a miss. We got to accept that not everybody is going to be interested in our articles. You shared a idea and it is the sharing that says a lot about you. Smile now!

Thanks for your advice. I agree that one has to be satisfied, However, It is not the high expectations. This forum is for constructive criticism where we put our hubs to be seen through critical angles of other hubbers. This gives us insight about our own hubs. This is how we improve.

My hub China break did not atract much traffic and I wanted to know where was the fault. I have got some advice to follow in the forum and I wanted more. I am open to criticism on my hubs.
      However there were some personal attack that is not admirable.
      Thanks for your good advice.

Jyoti Kothari

8. profile image52
    checabearposted 15 years ago

i have absolutely no idea what this discussion is about. do people have too much time on their hands. i looked for discussions about china. all i have read so far is administrative babbley blook.
    all this talk about seniors. maybe the posting should address adult lifestyle or medicare questions.
    i read forums to gauge the opinion of the masses, not to mire myself in office politics.
    like why am i watching reality tv if i am living in reality?. heck i have enough problems without going around looking for more.

9. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

Mr.Jyothi,  may I suggest something here? 

It may be due to the fact that
    (1) nobody wants China to breakup; 
    (2) Not all people know much about China, its history, its culture, its policies on world affairs... etc. 

Chinese are almost self-centred only, and do not meddle much in world affairs.  China's  worry is India and Japan only. 

So, HP people may hesitate to comment on an unknown thing.

10. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61

I tried to explain some facts about Mr.Kothari's Article about China and some points raised by Mr.KutWrite.  But all the three times, my comments were deleted.  HP should be fairer in enlightening all the facts of a case.  If one comments controversially, it is bound to be corrected by others. Or at least the HP should correct it.  Letting one comment controversially and denying others a chance to contradict is unfair. 
    HP should let others to see "what it is".  But now it lets others to see "what it should be".

1. profile image58
      fun2hubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

HP won't delete your comments, but the hub author may do. Hubber moderates the comments, he/she is given the right to approve, deny or even delete a comment you leave in hubs. You can't blame HP for the system smile

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61
        VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It is Mr.Kothari's article. I dont think he would have deleted my comments. Some one with anti-Indian sentiments there in HP should have made it. 
        But please remember... HP is not the end of life..... it is only for sharing views, I think.

Dear Venugopal,
          I am thankful to you for writing comments on my hub. I have not deleted any. I think that there may be some mistake. Pls write again the comment and I will aprove it.

11. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61

Sir, I cannot digest the comments made by Mr.Kut..
    Native English or American English are not known to us.  Is it not enough if the contents are understood?

Based on one or a few persons' interaction, the Chinese way of life cannot be evaluated.   China is at India's doorstep and 3 months back I even visited Chinese borders, and saw the soldiers from a few yards away.   How can Kut evaluate their life.. from America? 

Moreover, our Budhist religion held sway over China for over 2000 years.... till Communists came to power in 1949. Major portions of Chinese territory were under Japanese control during world war 2.  Their army consists of communist comrades who led the "long march" and turned as army when their govt. was established.   But since time immemorial, Indians were engaged in many wars. For now, the most experienced fighter-soldiers are in India only.  As China has some animosity towards India...  Its occupied territory of Tibet have to be retrieved from it.   There are probabilities of China breaking up, which will not be in the interests of India or America.

12. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61

Dalai Lama's history is a long one...  not just "he exiled himself".   The Chinese invaded Tibet, a large land area with sparce population, less than Canada or Siberia.  The Tibetan Govt., headed by Dalai Lama could not give a fight or prevent their invasion.  The palace advisors advised him to leave Tibet and take refuge in India.  Now, he is based in Dharmasala, Himachal Pradesh, India.  He is the rightful representative of Tibet, which existed independently till 1959.  No religious leader should be underestimated.  Dalai Lama's followers call him "His Holiness".  That should not be questioned.

13. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61

Dalai Lama's history is a long one...  not just "he exiled himself".   The Chinese invaded Tibet, a large land area with sparce population, less than Canada or Siberia.  The Tibetan Govt., headed by Dalai Lama could not give a fight or prevent their invasion.  The palace advisors advised him to leave Tibet and take refuge in India.  Now, he is based in Dharmasala, Himachal Pradesh, India.  He is the rightful representative of Tibet, which existed independently till 1959.  No religious leader should be underestimated.  Dalai Lama's followers call him "His Holiness".  That should not be questioned.

I agree with you Mr. Venugopal. However, I came here to know veiws of fellow hubbers. They have all rights to criticise and express their opinion.
      1. I have referred Dalai Lama as Reverend that is to show honor to him and it is an equivalent word to His holiness.

2. Hubpages is not meant only for native Americans, however, most of the hubbers were Americans. Situation is changing fast and more and more people from other countries especially India are joining it.

3. Till date, Tibetians follow his holiness Dalai Lama, therefore questioning his authority is like challenging mandate. It does not suit to democratic attitude.

4. I had been in China and have first hand report on them but different people have different opinions. I have posted my opinion in the hub and some one can have other and I honor his view too.

Thanks for devoting time to answer my request.

Jyoti Kothari

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

I agree with you Mr. Venugopal. However, I came here to know veiws of fellow hubbers. They have all rights to criticise and express their opinion.
      1. I have referred Dalai Lama as Reverend that is to show honor to him and it is an equivalent word to His holiness.

2. Hubpages is not meant only for native Americans, however, most of the hubbers were Americans. Situation is changing fast and more and more people from other countries especially India are joining it.

3. Till date, Tibetians follow his holiness Dalai Lama, therefore questioning his authority is like challenging mandate. It does not suit to democratic attitude.

4. I had been in China and have first hand report on them but different people have different opinions. I have posted my opinion in the hub and some one can have other and I honor his view too.

Thanks for devoting time to answer my request.

Jyoti Kothari

14. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61

Sir, Mr. Jyothi Kothari,  happy to read the pleasing manner in which you write.  I like it very much.  But your attitude to "honor their views also" is not sounding well.  If only they honour our views, we are entitled to honour them.

15. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

Dear Venu,

We are from the country of Mahaveera, Buddha and Mahatma Gandhi. Some people are arrogant to some other's views. This is their attitude. Why should I go with them?

I wanted opinion about my hub about China and people expressed their views.

Moreover I, myself wanted criticism from fellow hubbers. They have frankly expressed their opinion and I see nothing wrong into it.I think it not admirable if there is personal attack. As long as it is with the hubs, no problem.

I am not here for money but for knowledge and fellow hubbers contribute to it very well. I am really happy with them and have great respect to all.

I can understand your view as an Indian, I wish your hubs in the hub pages. You may choose to write some about behavior of the hubbers.
    Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
      Sufidreamerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jyoti,

It is an interesting Hub.

The problem is that just because you think that it is relevant does not mean that everybody else does. My favourite Hub amongst the few I have written languishes at the bottom of my activity. It is about a fascinating part of history, but appeals to a very niche market.

Maybe not many people are too interested in China at the moment - the US and Europe have their own problems. Sadly, we are all at the whim of internet fashions!

I enjoyed reading your Hub, and I hope that it attracts more traffic smile

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image61
      VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Dear Jyoti,  we are also from the land of Ram, Arjun, Chandragupta, Shivaji, Karikal Chola, Rajendra Chola, Subash Chandra Bose, Indira Gandhi, etc.  When we talk of saints and the like, people think we are too soft.

16. Whitney05 profile image82
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

I think if you wrote about things other than current news, that you would get more traffic. It would take a person who is interested in news about China to fall on your hub. There are many people who just don't care, and in such manner they don't do searches on whether or not China will break up or now, which means those people will not find your hub.

My suggestions is that you find a new picture for your first pictu. It is very pixelated where it has been stretched out.

Otherwise, I don't have any suggestions towards the hub.

17. profile image55
    Indian ladyposted 15 years ago

I agree with you. Indians are very soft and some people take advantage of their softness. Indian women are softer.
    I think Jyoti is right and there is no harm in asking for suggestions about his China hub.

18. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image72
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 15 years ago

I would definitely change the title to something like "Can China Sustain Its Success?" or "Is China Headed for a Fall?" Something along those lines. Also, I would suggest using "breakdown" in place of "break" within the hub text. I think it is a little more clear what your meaning is when you say it that way.

I thought it was an interesting subject BTW.

19. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

hi,
    unfortunately I did not visit your post earlier but I changed name of my hub to China: Present and future.

It is doing well now.

Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

20. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 15 years ago

Hello Jyothi, I agree with sufidreamer, it is probably the subject. I have built hubs that are not about current events that have been successful, but many were not. Why? I am never sure, but I do suspect that it was the subject in my case at least.

21. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image60

Earnesthub,
    It looks like that you are right. It is doing better even after change of name.
    Thanks,
    Jyoti Kothari

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)