jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

what do you think the real reason marijuana is illegal ?who gains from this ?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

what do you think the real reason marijuana is illegal ?who gains from this ?

2. surf traveler profile image81
    surf travelerposted 7 years ago

I disagree, I don't think it messes up your short term memory. The policing of marijuana is big business for law enforcement. I don't think it messes up your short term memory.
    Seriously, it is like alcohol and tobacco., There are health risks associated with alcohol and tobacco and if the government puts information out there about the effects of marijuana on your health, just like they do with tobacco and alcohol, then they could do the same with marijuana. I do think the law enforcement agencies have a financial interest in the continued criminalization of marijuana, and they lobby the gov't just like big tobacco lobbies the gov't.

3. Brie Hoffman profile image67
    Brie Hoffmanposted 7 years ago

Because the CIA is running the drugs to support their black ops operations.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Legalize-Drugs- … he-Economy

4. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Good Day nightwork4

That is a very good question. Why is marijuana, cocaine, and the like illegal while tobacco and alcohol, which does just as big a number on you as narcotics, if not more so? What is this about?

Consider this. What are the component ingredients of cigarettes and alcohol? Tobacco, water, corn, wheat, barley, potatoes, grapes, etc. These things, I think, are thought of by most Americans as, well, American things -- therefore "okay."
    But marijuana and other narcotics, as substances, have a distinctly foreign "other" association for most Americans.

Just as I believe the Prohibition era had its original origins in anti-Italian and anti-Irish feeling among segments of the population during the turn of the twentieth century; so, too, do I believe this "War on Drugs," has something to do with anti-Mexican feeling.

There are segments of the population who do not like Mexicans very much and yet are not quite comfortable expressing this prejudice directly. The "War on Drugs," "narcotis," as opposed to the drugs of nicotine and alcohol, acts like a carrier, if you will, for anti-Mexican prejudice, in my opinion.

Closed to reply

working