jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OBESE CHILDREN! AARRRGGG

1. jordanc.terrell profile image58
    jordanc.terrellposted 7 years ago

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY OBESE CHILDREN! AARRRGGG

2. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

Computers, game boxes, no physical education classes in school, and so-called "diet" drinks that actually trigger more eating.

3. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Because so much junk food is fed to them by parents who are too lazy to take the time and trouble to make real food.
    This is exacerbated by parents allowing children to sit in front of the television watching rubbish, or sit in front of the computer playing rubbish, instead of going out and being active.
    We are breeding a generation of jelly brained jelly bellied wimps.

4. Ivorwen profile image74
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

Between lack of activity, lack of sleep, and the things people eat, is it really any wonder that there is so much obesity?   People are out of tune with the earth.  We live in temperature controlled homes, with artificial lighting, making it possible to work on any schedule.  We drive cars instead of walking.  Our food comes from around the world, and most of it is highly processed.  Even eating natural foods is tricky, cattle are feedlot fed, corn is genetically modified.  Neither is natural.

Some research indicates that the things people are eating may be contributing to 'hereditary' weight gain. 

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/18/20100716/th … 993ab.html

5. Emissionguy profile image82
    Emissionguyposted 7 years ago

No one seems to notice all the food is now poison.

6. angel115707 profile image60
    angel115707posted 7 years ago

Our land is taken away, you can no longer go walking in the woods, or forest unless its labled for public use, every one is chopping up nature to build empires of virtual reality and selfish indulgence... its sickening.... I just shake my head...to get activity we are supposed to go to a gym, and run on hamster wheels, and then feel good about it? we look like idiots doing it!! STUPID LAZY society, who doesnt want to work for anything, and wants luxury...go to Panama...they live in huts and grow their own food, have their own animals, they live in lush green forests, they do not have to have jobs, they can take care of themselves without a heavy dependence on society...Natives here used too... look at me...typing because society is so aloof and impersonal, heaven forbid we ask the person behind us in line at the store these questions...

7. jordanc.terrell profile image58
    jordanc.terrellposted 7 years ago

I'm Not Judgmental I'm Sick...
    Of seeing Parents with obese children sucking hard for air after they walk from the parking lot. You would think that the parent would help their child be healthy because they wouldn't want their child to grow up like they did. They would want their child to run freely with their friends and not be made fun of and live a healthy life. But Instead -as you see often in McDonalds- you see the parents order their 6 year old son three  quarter pounders with cheese and a diet coke. They let their children sit in front of the T.V. or computer all day and then wonder why they are getting fat and call it genetic. I'm not saying there aren't genetically bigger people. I'm just saying its horse shit to just say its genetics all the time. Americans have gotten Lazy and it shows through our obesity problem. This is why the Chinese will take over.. Because they are not lazy. This Saddens mean immensely.

working