jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

This is a specific request for a hub. This request goes out to anyone with an in

1. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

This is a specific request for a hub. This request goes out to anyone with an interest in both...

fashion and history. I'd like someone to write a hub about the political, economic, social, and cultural forces that drive the movement of fashion from one thing to another.

For example, we know that the two-piece bathing suit came as a result of World War II. This had to do with rationing. Everything was rationed, including cloth.

Take a look at a picture of George Washington, noting how he's dressed. Now take a look at a picture of our forty-fourth president, Barack Obama.

The question I'd like someone to make a hub-length examination of is this: How (and indeed why) does one trans

2. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

How does the clothing of George Washington become the clothing of Barack Obama? That is the question. It seems part of it got cut off. Thanks

3. Harry Santos profile image56
    Harry Santosposted 7 years ago

This seems interesting. I do believe that economic forces decide and explain everything around us.

4. profile image0
    Sierra Mackenzieposted 7 years ago

I don't believe rationing had anything to do with two piece bathing suits.  The two piece suit evolved of itself and was made popular by movie stars.  Servicemen carried pictures of models wearing two-piece bathing suits on-board ships and planes.  The ugly one piece suits were uncomfortable and designers decided to make suits that would flatter the feminine figure.

5. Freeway Flyer profile image92
    Freeway Flyerposted 6 years ago

I am not qualified, as one look at my wardrobe would demonstrate.

working