jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

no time to request a hub on this topic

1. stephhicks68 profile image80
    stephhicks68posted 9 years ago

does anyone have tips to loosen up an incredibly stiff shoulder and neck?  I'm in a ton of pain this a.m.  I have taken advil and laid on a heating pad (arrgh). can't even turn to check out the clock

1. rmr profile image89
      rmrposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I've had a bad shoulder for years. When nothing else works, I get the shower as hot as I can get it, focus the water on the sore spot, and slowly stretch it out. I pull my arm across my body, while stretching my neck towards the opposite side of the pain. Try stretching it several times, a little further each time.

2. stephhicks68 profile image80

thank you - I have done that too.  it is a bit better than it was when I first got up, but still, argh.  thank you again for the tips!

3. rmr profile image89
    rmrposted 9 years ago

I have also had some success with self massage. Usually rubbing the back of my shoulder against the inside of a doorframe, trying to get pressure as deep as possible, helps to get the knots out. Hope you find something that works. I know the agony of neck and shoulder pain. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

4. stephhicks68 profile image80

thanks again - I have an appt with a massage therapist in 2 hrs.  this is bad.  I will try to work out the knots a bit against a door frame.  driving in to work was interesting...

5. drummer boy profile image59
    drummer boyposted 9 years ago

how are you feeling now steph?  I like to use icy hot.  It works pretty well.  I also like to go set in a sauna.

working