jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If Obamacare is found to be unconstitutional, can Obama be impeached?

1. Flightkeeper profile image72
    Flightkeeperposted 7 years ago

If Obamacare is found to be unconstitutional, can Obama be impeached?

2. puebloman profile image60
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

I agree with Sullen91.

It's really great that America is a place where stupid people get to be taken as seriously as those who have brain cells. Look at George W. Bush. His great quality was to be every bit as stupid as those who voted for him

Its true that Obama is trying to deprive the American people of the freedom to die in the gutter for want of adequate medical care, but I don't think that this is yet impeachable.

3. Dorothee-Gy profile image68
    Dorothee-Gyposted 7 years ago

What a funny question. As George W. Bush lead his country in a war on (proven) false premises and was not impeached, I think it would be ridiculous to impeach Obama for trying to make health care available for everybody (no matter how good or bad it was accomplished).

4. Bibowen profile image96
    Bibowenposted 7 years ago

Your question is "can" he be impeached? Sure. The House has the power to impeach and the Senate has the power to try the impeachment based on the standard of "high crimes and misdemeanors."

But how likely is that, given that Congress passed the legislation which the president signed? I doubt that Congress is going to impeach a president for signing a bill they just sent him.

How about a later Congress impeaching him? Again, it's possible, but unlikely. Impeachments of presidents are more likely to happen when the president acts independently of Congress, not when he acts in tandem with them.

working