jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What's one word you think of when it comes to the 70's?

1. VanessasThoughts profile image52
    VanessasThoughtsposted 7 years ago

What's one word you think of when it comes to the 70's?

The music then was un-describable, from the culture to the clothes! I'm curious yet facinated on the whole fasade of this generation. I only wish I could have been apart of this entire movement!

2. Nick B profile image81
    Nick Bposted 7 years ago

Glam is the first thing that comes to my mind. In fact only a few days ago I published this http://hubpages.com/hub/Glam-Rock, which I hope will give you a taste of what I was listening to at the time.

3. mshunt profile image59
    mshuntposted 7 years ago

The one thing that comes to mind is "far out". Just about everything in the 70's was "far out", from the duds (clothes) to the hair-dos.

4. Sterling Carter profile image75
    Sterling Carterposted 7 years ago

Far OUT.... of course that is 2 words.

Cool, comes to mind as well. It seams like everything was cool. Then everything changed to HOT or that's hot....

GO figure. But yea the 70's where awesome but the 80's completely freakin' ROCKED!!

5. MickS profile image69
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Wasteland - that's the word.
    For the rationale - a musical wasteland, we had Bowie and nothing else of any significance until the Sex Pistols came along and put a bit of life into the music scene.

6. Mr. Happy profile image83
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

The one word for the 70's that works for me is: courage, courage to be different!

7. point2make profile image80
    point2makeposted 7 years ago

"Loud"!  both for the ears and the eyes. It was an interesting time and I, sometimes, wonder how we ever made it through. Back then we looked forward to the promise of something more hoped for than seen or felt. Now we look back and realize that, maybe, we already had what we were searching for and......lost it!

8. ahorseback profile image78
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

LOST............in space. In everything......

9. KFlippin profile image60
    KFlippinposted 7 years ago

real bell bottom blue jeans, the high school girls coming to school on Fridays with rollers in their hair, dreaming of being a missionary was cool .......... and the answer wouldn't let me post with my first one word 'phrase' only, so I've given you two other things that came first to mind.

10. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

The one word that comes to mind, for me, is 'Afros.'

working