jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

do you support the gun registry in canada and why.

1. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

do you support the gun registry in canada and why.

what makes you think it's a good , cost effective usable tool.

2. justom profile image67
    justomposted 7 years ago

Registering a gun anywhere makes no difference. It's just a way to keep track of legal gun owners (who are almost never the problem). Criminals will always find guns. Governments are already too intrusive. Peace!!

3. Sterling Carter profile image74
    Sterling Carterposted 7 years ago

I would not support any such law.

As it was already stated the law abiding citizen has never been the problem. It is the criminal who does not care about the law and will do as he or she pleases.

The governments of the world need to stop being so intrusive. Besides it is not about protecting the people. The reason they want more gun control is to prevent its people from overthrowing a bad regime.

The proof is all over the world. Just open your eyes and look.

4. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

Why do we have to register our cars if guns need no registry? I am not sure about this issue but I suppose keeping some sort of a note of what guns are made and where they go would be good, maybe that way we can find out how criminals end-up having illegal firearms. Every gun store should be able to show who they sold firearms to because there are way too many American firearms in Toronto alone, nevermind about the rest of the country.
    The U.S. and Canada should make a deal: Canadians keep their weed in Canada and the United States keeps its guns there.

5. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

some of my biggest problems with registry is that we have already wasted billions on it and it hasn't helped. criminals don't use registered guns. they state that 87% of canadian cops are killed with long guns but if you take away 1 event where 4 cops were killed by 1 guy using a rifle a few years ago, the percentage drops down to about 3 %. propoganda is a strong tool but the fact is honest people are honest.

working