jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Tell me: Which factor, in your opinion, is the greatest impediment to social jus

1. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Tell me: Which factor, in your opinion, is the greatest impediment to social justice in America:

race or class?  Please tell me, if you can, why you make the choice you do?

2. Torch Harrison profile image84
    Torch Harrisonposted 7 years ago

Class.  Because historically, class has ALWAYS been the division between people in terms of social matters. 

Example:  The wife of a prominent congressman, who sits on the Department of Justice, just went to a federal prison for pleading guilty to bribery charges.  The federal prison she went to is affectionately called "Camp Cupcake".  It is the prison that housed Martha Stewart a few years back.  At Camp Cupcake, female prisoners are NOT locked in cells.  They have various fun activities to attend during the day and a large, well-landscaped campus to roam around on during the day. 

I assure you, the AVERAGE person going to a federal prison would NOT have all the amenities that this woman will enjoy, simply because of her husband's class!

3. eileeneleanor profile image57
    eileeneleanorposted 7 years ago

Simple - the dishonesty of the media.  The message is not clear and people don't know what to believe, so they chose not to believe anything bad.  It is a survival technique but does not encourage participation in pressing issues.

4. JON EWALL profile image73
    JON EWALLposted 6 years ago

OUR GOVERNMENT IN ACTION

An article of interest related to social justice

GRANT AIDS HIRING FOR GREEN JOBS

US  Labor Secretary Solis announced that the  Opportunities Industrialized Centers of America was one of six organizations tapped to get $38 million in GREEN JOBS Innovation fund GRANTS to train workers for various green jobs. As  a result of a previous similar $ 4.9 million GRANT, OIC has placed 50 Arizonian workers in green jobs since march 2010.
    The organization was founded as a NATIONAL NON- PROFIT NETWORK of employment and training programs aimed to help people who have a HARDER time finding jobs because they LACK SKILLS OR BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN IN PRISON.
    Grants are hand outs by the Government that need not to be paid back.

May 2, 2011 ... Labor Secretary Hilda Solis Announces $100 Million in Grants for Green Jobs

working