What is your opinion on cheating? Is it right or wrong to tell someone you've ch

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)
  1. whisperingxwords profile image59
    whisperingxwordsposted 12 years ago

What is your opinion on cheating? Is it right or wrong to tell someone you've cheated on them?

I'm watching Dr.Drew's Life Changers and it is a very interesting question.

2. lockgirl profile image61
    lockgirlposted 12 years ago

Cheating is wrong. Once a cheater always a cheater. My husband cheated on me for months when I asked him about it he lied to my face. He didn't even have the balls to tell me to my face when he did finally come clean. He had to do it from another County and through a text message.

3. profile image0
    Hurbermichaelposted 12 years ago

Cheating is an unfortunate and regrettable thing that should not happen. You could tell your partner if he or she suspects or if you cannot bear the guilt. Otherwise, avoid telling them if they do not know as it will heart them so much.

4. mcrawford76 profile image89
    mcrawford76posted 12 years ago

Trust is the #1 ingredient in any relationship. Without trust the relationship will never be healthy. IF you cheat on your significant other, the only way to attempt to reestablish trust would be to tell them.

Or better yet, just don't cheat in the first place. Because I've always said that I'd rather a woman leave me and spit in my face than cheat on me. I think it's the cruelest thing you can do to someone you allegedly love.

5. Bhavin Panara profile image61
    Bhavin Panaraposted 12 years ago

No.......
    No way.......!
    cheating is totally wrong thing.
    if you cheat someone for good intance,than it is good.but cheating someone for your own purpose is not good.
    Specially today,teens are used to cheat a girl or a boy in love.
    That's totally wrong thing.....

6. profile image0
    AmyRainbowposted 12 years ago

Cheating is wrong. But, if it was just a heat of the moment thing, and the cheater has the guts to tell their partner, I believe it can be talked over and sorted out. I believe in second chances, everyone does things they regret.
    However, if it was an ongoing thing, with the same person, more than once, totally wrong! There is no way that can be forgiven, it is such a thoughtless, selfish thing to do.

7. ubanichijioke profile image74
    ubanichijiokeposted 12 years ago

Personally, i hate cheating and cheaters. It betrays trust, love, hope and the future and brings dire consequences. Thanks

8. dashingscorpio profile image81
    dashingscorpioposted 12 years ago

It's a little bit of a tricky question. If a woman cheats on her violent abusive husband while on vacation with her girlfriends, it probably would not be healthy for her to admit she did so. There are other instances when a cheater tells her or his mate soley for the purpose of taking a load of guilt off of their shoulders. In effect they are suddenly being honest so THEY will feel better. Having said that we do live in the age of AIDS, Herpes, and Genital Warts. (diseases with no cures) It's wrong to put someone else's health at risk. Everyone knows the right thing to do is NOT to cheat/betray their mate in the first place. If you're unhappy leave.
    Some people treat relationships like jobs. They won't leave one until they have another one lined up. Those who find themselves in "sexless marriages" aren't likely to tell their spouse if there are other benefits to remaining in the marriage.

9. arksys profile image85
    arksysposted 12 years ago

the truth is the most important aspect of a relationship ... if you cannot tell the truth then the relationship is flawed and will not carry on for long.

10. iloveglee83 profile image59
    iloveglee83posted 12 years ago

I think cheating is wrong, I think it is for people who think they can have whatever they want in life, for people who are afraid of commitment, for people who are just plain stupid. I have never cheated and I never will. If for some reason I ever did, I would be honest and tell my bf I wouldnt hide it, I think he you want to be with someone else you need to leave the one your with first.
    @dashingscorpio If the person is in an abusive relationship then they need to leave anyway, I dont support abuse, but I do think that the women who dont leave have no one to blame but themselves.(no I am not tryign to sound like a bitch, I want to be a social worker, I have helped many women get out of abusive relationships and I've even had women tell me they didnt wanna leave because they were in love, I'm sorry but even if I loved my abuser I would cherish my life more and if we cant get these women to see that then unfortnatly there is really nothing else we can do for them.)

11. Levertis Steele profile image74
    Levertis Steeleposted 12 years ago

A woman point of view:

Cheating is the most intimate connection between a husband and wife. When a cheater gives that away, he can never take it back. It does something to a woman that kills something inside of her and leaves her feeling the rot. It is so painful, so unbearable, yet she is forced to swallow it. It is worse than death. It is taking the tier off the wedding cake and feeding it to a dog. Even though the cake is mostly there, and it is still sweet, she can never get that top tier back again. It is like being proud and feeling good that you are esteemed and respected high above the other layers, on cloud 9, only to learn that you are not and never will be again. A cheater puts aside his wife and helps a homewrecker to disrespect her by connecting with the evil woman giving her the power to join forces with him to destroy his wife in the most intimate way. She may think that you never truly loved her.

The wife may also lose her pledge of fidelity and feel prone to cheat without feeling guilty. Some women dare to do the unthinkable: let another man impregnate them in order to feel even and minimize the pain. In an effort to permanently protect herself against that kind of pain, she may not trust him again. These are not rational or sensible thoughts, but desperation brings about changes in people.

If a mate decides to cheat, he should weigh his possible losses, and be prepared to lose them. Many spouses walk away and never look back. Cheaters should stay single and not ruin another's life.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)