jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

is canada too worried about helping other countries ?

1. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

is canada too worried about helping other countries ?

do we spend too much money and time trying to be world leaders in aid?

2. Jason Oleinik profile image72
    Jason Oleinikposted 7 years ago

Considering that Canada is probably the safest and one of the best countries to live in, in terms of standard of living, welfare, etc, I would say that it is always the next logical step to help the rest of the world. Of course Canada is in no way perfect, most notably the wait times and shortages of the health care system...but I don't think that has much to do with money.

3. Kelty profile image60
    Keltyposted 7 years ago

Is this question for real? Too worried about other countries & spending too much money and time trying to be world leaders in aid? As Canadians, we are better off than 97% of the world, right off the bat. With all that we have been blessed with as a nation, you don`t feel we have a obligation to give back ? What is too much anyway? Our children are taken care of as our primary resource, which they are, and are treated as such. Twenty five million children, every bit as innocent as sweet as yours, died because they did not have enough to eat!!

Here is a question for you. What gives you the right to decide which country`s people, life should be so disgustingly disposable?

4. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

kelly. it was just a question. sorry if it bothered you but i didn't mean any harm i was only asking peoples opinions. what i was trying to find out is how canadians in general feel about giving so much money to others when we are being put in debt by taxes. we have lots of poor people here that could use this tax money but instead we give it to other countries. like you stated we have a small population so when do we say enough or should we just keep giving until we are broke. and yes the question is real. why are we better off then 97 % of the world? perhaps because we use our resourses , our skills etc. to get ahead.

5. jg555 profile image60
    jg555posted 6 years ago

The fact that Canada doesn't cause problems with other countries allows them to help other ones. Because the U.S. also engages in war with people, they get in trouble when they help other countries, i.e. fighting with muslim countries in middle east while helping Israel.

6. brooklyn00123 profile image59
    brooklyn00123posted 6 years ago

umm.. i'm not an expert on Canadian activity around the world but im pretty sure Canada is not the world leader in aid. I think you meant to say "is America too woried about helping other countries?" and in such case the answer is yes.

7. Man from Modesto profile image84
    Man from Modestoposted 6 years ago

Canada, along with the other two-thirds of the North American Union (too soon?) are in the business of CONTROL, not aid.

Aid is an annual package. That way, there is something to take away, something to use as leverage.

"Don't want to vote with us in the U.N.? Fine. But, the aid package (from which a big cut goes directly to politicians and their relatives in business) is going away."

working