jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does the new healthcare law go far enough?

1. JayDeck profile image70
    JayDeckposted 7 years ago

Does the new healthcare law go far enough?

A  new AP poll says that people don't think the law goes far enough, by a margin of 2 to 1.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39369615/ns … ealth_care

2. Ari Lamstein profile image81
    Ari Lamsteinposted 7 years ago

You know, I'm just not sure.  Personally I think that the law is so complex that no one can really understand it.  But I think that it's important that people should have access to a doctor and have some economic protection when they are most vulnerable.

3. mecmelton profile image59
    mecmeltonposted 7 years ago

Since the hub does not like me to say 'undeniably by leaps and bounds, YES' I will write out more. There is no guarantee in the constitution of the US for health care, only life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Though the pursuit of happiness may be contingent upon ones health or vice versa, it is still not a constitutional right granted by the founding fathers. Ideal is that we would all be in perfect health with or without health care but it is not realistic. Not to mention the intelligent answer is simply as a nation we do not want to be bankrupt so yes it goes too far by at least 10 trillion dollars.

4. eculligan profile image73
    eculliganposted 7 years ago

It goes so far that the ones who wrote it don't even know whats in it.  It is going to bankrupt America and all big businesses will start to move out of this Country.  How could those who are so dependent on health care even receive free health care if there is no Federal dollars to fund it.  Liberals will someday wake up and realize that money doesn't grow on trees.  I am all for the separation of America into Red States and Blue States.  Red States will have there own Government and the Blue States can have there own Government as well.  Maybe the ones on the Blue side will wake up and realize that they all need to start working for a living and quit depending on other peoples money to survive.

5. JayDeck profile image70
    JayDeckposted 7 years ago

@mecmelton-  "There is no guarantee in the constitution of the US for health care, only life liberty and the pursuit of happiness" Not guaranteed by the United States Constitution, asserted in the United States Declaration of Independence.

Closed to reply

working