jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

If you were arrested for a possession charge, how long would it take to run the

1. profile image47
    curiousguyposted 7 years ago

If you were arrested for a possession charge, how long would it take to run the test to see what...

the "unknown" powder is?  Would it take minutes or take days/weeks?

2. krishubpages123 profile image30
    krishubpages123posted 7 years ago

Now a days they have so many advanced detecting kits with them, so they can really and easily find it out in short time period.

3. wilbury4 profile image71
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

Firstly, I am not a lawyer or a Police officer, so my answer is assumption...
    Taking into account that the arrestee has refused to admit what the substance is, or the police doubt what he has told them.
    I think it would depend on the seriousness of the situation. Meaning that a regular offender, who is a known supplier would jump the queue, and the result would be in days. Whereas a one off arrestee, with just enough of the unknown substance would be put at the back of the queue, result in weeks.
    It would also depend on the police force that made the arrest, and their access to substance testing.
    Is this an actual situation... or is it curiosity? If actual, contact the station where the arrest was made.
    Cheers.

4. profile image47
    curiousguyposted 7 years ago

Long story short, I had court today.
    I didn't have any money so I couldn't afford a lawyer, but my case seemed very clear cut, so I figured I could represent myself in front of a jury, it was for something small, class C misd, but I honestly felt like I didn't deserve it, so I was trying to see how long it would take because that was going to be one of my arguing points for my side.
    But, we never made it to trial.  The prossecuter asked me one more time if I wanted to do differed adjutification/probation, and I simply said "no thank you, I want a trial by jury, I feel like there isn't any evidence linking me to this based on the sworn statement made by the police officer, it is worth it to pay a small court fee if I lose, I've already paid for the fine IN FULL, so I owe nothing more, but if the jury sees it my way then I get a pretty big refund check"

About 30 minutes later the lead prossecuter came out and said she was looking at my file and based on the evidence they had against me, they were going to drop all charges".

So I didn't need it, but thanks for the responses!

working