jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it possible that Barack Obama could take away our guns?

1. eculligan profile image75
    eculliganposted 7 years ago

Is it possible that Barack Obama could take away our guns?

I say, it would be over my dead body if that were ever to happen.  But some Liberals actually believe that they could take away our guns.  What are your thoughts on this?

2. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

Not to sound like a warmonger......but, that would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

We have a constitutional right to have them, this is so that all citizens are equipped to defend our nation, should our military be spread too thin, too few, or not able to meet the challenges.

Our country was not born a great military power.......in fact, we barely won our freedom, we easily could have lost that revolution.  There is no guarntee that we will remain strong militarily........, we seem to be in a downturn now.

Our Founding Fathers also knew that citizens MUST be able to defend themselves from tyranny, otherwise we cease to be a free democracy.

Those dudes were pretty sharp.

I could write a book on this, but someone would construe it as a threat to our president........so, let me end with....

For the government to get my guns they will have to take them.  Neither me or  my dog are going quietly.

3. justom profile image69
    justomposted 7 years ago

Nobody can take what they don't know you have. pubeloman is happy being a sheep.

4. eculligan profile image75
    eculliganposted 7 years ago

I respect everyone's opinions here no matter what.  It is extremely important to be able to protect your family and friends from any Extremist group, Government, Individual, etc. We have the right to weapons for our own personal protection.  If the Government ever stepped foot in my home that would be a big mistake. (Someone will be getting hurt).  I would hate to see what would happen to Puebloman, if someone stepped foot in his home.  A very sad story for someone who cannot defend himself or family.  Perhaps people should go back and read the Constitution and understand why we are free today.  Its because of the crazy Liberals today who are trying to change our Constitution to make our Country weak.  So, to answer my own Question.  The Liberals will never take away our weapons and if they ever try, good luck.  You will see something in America like you've never seen before.

Closed to reply