jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What positive changes are needed in democracy so as it functions more effective

1. andromida profile image62
    andromidaposted 7 years ago

What  positive changes are needed in democracy so as it functions more effectively?

What possible changes in a democratic system  might make it more transparent and efficient political system?

2. Justinjj711 profile image61
    Justinjj711posted 7 years ago

read my finance tips and politics to get some ideas about positive changes our government can make to benefit our economy.  This will not answer your question on transparency.

3. profile image0
    peace paceposted 7 years ago

Democracy is a lie, there is no democracy in the real world!

4. cookie_won profile image77
    cookie_wonposted 7 years ago

I don't think just anybody with enough funding for a campaign should be allowed to be a politician. Maybe an independent body should be set up so that to take part in politics certain qualifications should be gained. Voters don't know anything about politicians except for what they tell them in the run up to elections. For all the majority of voters know, the person they're voting for might be completely stupid. I also don't particularly like the idea that every body gets to vote, the average person knows nothing about running a country so how can he recognise whether somebody is suitable or not. There should certainly be a law, considering these people are in charge of budgets worth hundreds of billions of pounds, where every action has to be explained if asked. If an explanation can't be given then maybe the action wasn't taken in the interest of the country.

working