Please give me a polite, informed response to a snarky, snide remark while

1. ptosis profile image76
    ptosisposted 7 years ago

Please give me a  polite, informed response to a snarky, snide remark while

seeking help? Yesterday @ St. Vincent's in AZ, my  friend who came from Honolulu this week was asked where he was from while seeking food and a clothes voucher. The lady asked where he was from, he said, "Hawaii". She said "There's are many homeless there - Where are you from originally?" He said Chicago. The lady asked him, "Why don't you go back to Illinois so that your people can help you?

Basically telling him what was said to him in Hawaii - "GO HOME - YOU DON"T BELONG HERE"

He was upset that when asking for help have to take snobby suggestions while asking for help.  Tell me a retort!

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

America is my home.....
    It doesn't matter where you live in this country it's called "The United States of America"

The only real advantage however to going back to the state you grew up in is you may have more friends and family there who can lend you a hand as oppose to having to count on "the kindness of strangers".

Having said that every state, town, and county has government services to assist people in dire need. It's just a matter of finding out where to go for help.

Closed to reply