jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

So, I am curious about Japan and I want to learn about it in truth: not in the i

1. Charlenenandawin profile image50
    Charlenenandawinposted 7 years ago

So, I am curious about Japan and I want to learn about it in truth: not in the idealized notion

As in not in the way weaboos know "Japan", like is there racism? is it plentiful? Are the japanese against foreigners assimilating to Japanese culture? What was it like being a foreigner in Japan? Were they rude? polite? friendly? etc. Are they "the crude, savage peoples" that my Father considers them(he is partly scarred from the Rape of NanKing) He is very against Japanese.  I used to be a weaboo(in blind love with Japanese___(anything) but Now I know more but I simply want to understand.. What does it mean to be Japanese(the good and the bad, essentially the truth)

2. mandyf profile image65
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

you should contact my daughter...She is a fountain of knowledge when wanting to know about Japan. It is her life dream to live there for a while and has done massive amounts of research on it including a penpal she writes obsessively. Her name on here is Narsuki. go and look her up under my followers

3. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I'm told that the Japanese are very like the Germans in a few ways.  First of all, they are pretty superior with what they produce, and their work ethics. . . look at their cars, etc-they're all great, and better than American a lot of times.  Also, like the Germans are to the rest of "white" Europe, etc. . .they kind of tend to think that they are, in fact, superior.

. . .but that's just stereotype-not all of any people are going to fit the mold that you expect.

Who is the girl in that picture?  She's very lovely!

4. jcwin228 profile image61
    jcwin228posted 7 years ago

Thanks Charlene (that's my mother's name)
    Great question. Japan isn't like anywhere else, there are things I like about it and things I don't. If I end up living here forever, I'll still be a foreigner in a strange land. The food is high quality, but expensive. The service is good, but not always genuine. People are friendly, but wary of foreigners sometimes. Relationships are rarely simple. Just when you think you got it figured out something goes and surprises you. It'll take me several hubs to answer effectively. I'll get to it when I have some more free time. Please be patient.

5. profile image46
    harryw45posted 7 years ago

I lived in Atami Japan for two years, they are the most honest, polite and cleanest people I have met in the world. I also lived in Brazil, Malaysia, Indonesia Chili and the Philippines. They are the best I met for honesty, cleanliness and politeness. However their dislike and fear of making a mistake coupled with excessive politeness can cause big problems in the work place.