jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you feel there is gender bias against women, and where are they affected most

1. profile image35
    4sommposted 7 years ago

Do you feel there is gender bias against women, and where are they affected most?

women in the past were regarded as minority, but over the past decades, i'm not sure what has really changed about that.

2. profile image54
    SpaceAgeposted 7 years ago

My college prof once explained how she worked in a factory many yrs w/ mostly men. What was surprising, is what she revealed. She said that if women want 2 b taken seriously they must think/act serious. In other words, its a man's world, so learn 2 think like them. Very educational.

3. WordCustard profile image73
    WordCustardposted 7 years ago

There are still divides between the pay that men and women receive for doing the same work. It is also easier for men to be promoted to high levels in certain professions (e.g. law) and it is more common to find men in leadership in politics in most countries of the world. Women are also more likely to be judged on their appearance than men (e.g. Susan Boyle received a great deal of criticism for her appearance whereas a male singer facing similar issues was accepted far more easily).

4. profile image55
    ADI78posted 6 years ago

There is gender bias against both men and women in different situations but the more harmful ones are those that go against men.

The pay gap has been refuted often enough (by me as well in one hub). Please don't keep perpetuating that the world is flat.

@ C.V. Rajan
    Do I understand you correctly that all men are responsible for any gender bias there might be? Would you not say that that assertion is a gender bias in itself?

5. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

Women that have very little education making minimum wage for the most part because they are intimidated.