jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Who do you all think make better managers, women or men?

1. Chupp22 profile image78
    Chupp22posted 7 years ago

Who do you all think make better managers, women or men?

2. WaffleCheese profile image48
    WaffleCheeseposted 7 years ago

Depends on what they are managing.

If it's a nail salon, women.
    If it's a male-oriented bar--- men.

If it's a transvestite dating service---- both.

3. breathe2travel profile image82
    breathe2travelposted 7 years ago

I don't think that question should even be asked.

Ability to manage is not based on gender alone.

4. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 7 years ago

I think it depends on the personality and the type of possition. The ability to lead others has nothing to do with gender.

5. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

I think it depends on what they are managing men and women dont think alike therefor there are some things a man can do better and some things a women can do better

6. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

The answer is "particular individuals make better managers".  It is not a gender issue although it certainly involves gender in citing examples.  Managers and leaders are not necessarily one and the same.  One might be a "good manager" in terms of time, numbers, outcome, etc. and still be a poor leader of people.  Sometimes manager achieve their goals inspite of and on the backs of their people and they are referred to as "good managers" within the company because they make their goals.  Leaders on the other hand appeal to their people in a natural sort of way. These are people you respect, that you want to follow and that you will support in any task regardless of the need.  From an individual perspective (i.e. a subordinate), good managers are both consistent and predictable in their approach, methodology, mood, and communications, and exhibit qualities of good leadership. They earn the respect they are given. WB

working