jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

do you believe in global warming

1. Thomas@theone profile image72
    Thomas@theoneposted 7 years ago

do you believe in global warming

2. Pensive_writer profile image56
    Pensive_writerposted 7 years ago

Yes, I do believe in global warming and we do contribute to production of e-mission gas production.

3. tmbridgeland profile image83
    tmbridgelandposted 7 years ago

Yes. I studied Ag in college in the early 80s. Warming was old hat back then. The prof warned us not to expect the unusually nice weather of the 20th century to continue, it wasn't normal by historical standards. The 18th and 19th centuries were really bad, very cold and unpredictable weather. Clearly the weather is warmer now than in the recent historical past.
    The questions are, is this a bad thing? How warm will it get? Can we stop it, and if we can, do we want to?

4. Daddy Paul profile image71
    Daddy Paulposted 7 years ago

Sure the globe warms and it cools. A few thousand years ago there was an ice age. Further back the upper midwest was tropical.
    Is man affecting it any. Yes but very very little. The most significant action man is taking is deforesting the rain forest. This CO2 thing is a scam! Read about Saturn and it's dry ice surface! It is not too warm there!

5. tom_caton profile image81
    tom_catonposted 7 years ago

as a natural trend, yes i believe that the world will warm up and cool down from to time. Also, evidence in ice itself suggests periods of time where Co2 was in the air in much greater quantities than it is now

6. Thomas@theone profile image72
    Thomas@theoneposted 7 years ago

i agree with pensive and tmbridgeland, for the others, heres how i think of it, hmmm, maybe, pumping tonnes of gases into the atmosphere will have some kind of effect.

7. GNelson profile image79
    GNelsonposted 7 years ago

The facts are what they are, the earth is warming.  I also know we don't have another planet to live on.  So taking care to keep this planet supporting human life makes some sense.  You should bet only what you can afford to lose.

8. jtcarr1164 profile image72
    jtcarr1164posted 7 years ago

The global warming statistics our government put out were a sham. What most people tend to forget from fifth grade science is that CO2 and "green house gases" are essential to life. Plants take in CO2 and put out oxygen. Al Gore is NOT a scientist.
         Is our planet about to be destroyed, worse case scientist can figure is that we might increase the temperature by about 1.5 degrees in the next two hundred years. Sounds like alot of plant growht potential to me.

9. nifty@50 profile image73
    nifty@50posted 7 years ago

No, most Scientist acknowledge the fact that the earth is currently in a cooling trend and not "Global Warming" and this is why the new catch phrase "Climate change" has emerged! With the term "Climate change" Environmentalist are covered either way, if the summer is hot it's "Climate Change", if winter is cold it's "Climate change". The same people that had a communist agenda in this country have infiltrated and taken over the environmental movement, their agenda is the same, restrict and ultimately bring about the destruction of Capitalism in this country, by a series of unreasonably Treaties (such as the Kyoto treaty) with other countries of the world, that leaves the United States at a terrible competitive disadvantage with the rest of world Economies.

10. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

No, I don't believe in Global Warming. I think that man is giving himself too much credit thinking that he can destroy the world.