jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is TSA getting out of order with their searches or this all just media over-sens

1. RocketCityWriter profile image83
    RocketCityWriterposted 7 years ago

Is TSA getting out of order with their searches or this all just media over-sensitivity?

So, it's all over the news these days...'TSA is groping me!!' People are taking videos and recordings on their cell phones, lawsuits are being filed, etc, etc. Is there something new going on here, or is the media blowing this out of proportion?

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 7 years ago

The reason the TSA uses these devices is not for our protection, but because Rapiscan Systems wanted a billion-dollar contract to sell these devices to the TSA. The TSA Director was the subject of a lobbying initiative. And that's how our government works. It's also the #1 reason why our government is so expensive.

The TSA is out of order. The fourth amendment of the US Constitution prohibits unlawful search or seizure without a warrant or probable cause. An old lady taking a ride on an airplane does not constitute "probable cause". But the law is somewhat flexible. Putting our personal items through a metal detector is acceptable. Removing our shoes is stupid, but I'll let that slide as well. Causing security to take twice as long just so people can stand in front of a backscatter X-ray is not acceptable. TSA personnel like these devices is because most are barely-literate perverts who think they will get to look at naked ladies. (Rapiscan is a fitting name) The pat-downs sometimes take a long time and sometimes do not. I have only seen female TSA guards pat down female passengers.

3. cockrelle profile image58
    cockrelleposted 7 years ago

I believe it is just media over sensitivity. It’s plain and simple we either want to be safe while flying or we don’t. Take the full body scan or let them pat you down if you have nothing to hide. The pictures I’ve seen online and on the news don’t show anything really.  The media makes it sound as if your being photographed naked, or sexually molested. But I bet if another disaster like 9-11 happens they will be crying about how TSA didn’t do enough. It’s simple stop crying or stop flying.

4. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 7 years ago

check out this video of a young boy being strip searched in the middle of air traffic.  RIDICULOUS.  Made me SICK.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSQTz1bccL4

working