jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you could choose, would you live in another century?

1. EinsFloW profile image64
    EinsFloWposted 7 years ago

If you could choose, would you live in another century?

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 7 years ago

I already did (the twentieth).  It wasn't that impressive.  I wouldn't want to go back.  That being so, why would I want to tackle a century I know NOTHING about (except for perhaps the history books, which never get it right, anyway).

So...no for the PAST.

For the FUTURE, we'll see.  Might try it.  Will only need to live for another 91 years to get that done....

3. Alternative Prime profile image75
    Alternative Primeposted 7 years ago

If another century in the future was an option then maybe so. If not I would probably stay right where I am. Today we have the best technology and medical advancements which means life expectancy is longer, a main reason why I prefer the present.

Alternative Prime

4. Neverletitgo profile image79
    Neverletitgoposted 7 years ago

I wouldn't like to live another century other than the one I live right now. You know, now we have everything like right now we are contacting and sharing our ideas through internet. This is the best century and thanks God for this better century.

5. profile image60
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

That depends on whether I retained the knowledge of today. If I was transported back in time, with the knowledge I have now, I would choose the 12th Century, just prior to when Europe was fighting the Mongol Hordes and the continent was devastated by the Black Death. If, however, I could not retain my knowledge of history I'd prefer to stay put. In the former, I'd marry the beautiful and ever-winsome king's daughter and become a wealthy prince.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

No, but I might have liked to grow up in the 1960's and 1970's.

7. MoneyCreator24 profile image58
    MoneyCreator24posted 7 years ago

From that particular point I few the world I might say that we all already have lived in many different centuries, several times. But the very most have forgotten it. And this oblivion has an reason.

But what could be better for our lifes if we just change the place, the loved ones, the car, the work etc. without changing ourselves? Wouldn´t we just carry all our heavy baggage with us?

I think we´re not here to run away. I think we´re here to learn handling our emotions. And we´re still here because we havn´t got it in the other centuries where we also had the chance to.