jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Why do people expect money to bring such happiness to their lives?

1. mylife=adventure profile image60
    mylife=adventureposted 7 years ago

Why do people expect money to bring such happiness to their lives?

2. mylife=adventure profile image60
    mylife=adventureposted 7 years ago

Life is about living not about green pieces of paper and how much you can stack up. Live how you want however makes you happy but don't stess over money because in the end it doesn't matter how much you make a year. It matters how much you mattered to you and others.

3. bulalo profile image61
    bulaloposted 7 years ago

Money could not buy happiness but it could buy stuff that can make people happy, like chocolate.

Money is only a tool, not the master.

Peace to all!

4. simeonvisser profile image85
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

Because many people struggle with their personal finances so they imagine that if they had more money their worries would be over.

5. dragonlady1967 profile image85
    dragonlady1967posted 7 years ago

I think people think it will make things better.  Times are hard for alot of people.  People think of money now, just to keep a roof over their heads.  However, then you have really greedy people who wouldn't think twice about taking a poor person to court in hopes they will bleed money out of that poor individual.  Watched it happen last week to a dear friend...Now that person is doing a Happy dance...and my friend?  Worried to death about where this non-existant money is going to come from.

6. Wayne Brown profile image82
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Because it is the one thing most of them seek throughout their lives...the elusive dollar.  Money buys things and many people feel that if they could buy things they would be happier.  Those who do have that luxury cannot actually support that conclusion.  In fact, I do not know any rich happy people for the most part and I have known quite a few people over the years with money and assets.  At a given level of wealth, the individual develops a paronoia that everyone is trying to cheat them and everyone wants to be their friend just because they have money.  In the end, even though they have the security of their money, most of the have long since realized that the one thing money will not buy is happiness...it can only purchase some temporary mental distraction.  Rich or poor, we must find happiness within ourselves. WB

7. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

without money you die. it's that simple. you don't need to be rich but you do need money. the media adds to this need for money by showing us how grand so many wealthy people live and how easily they make their money.